Chapter 16 ~ Las Vegas

Never in a million years did I believe I would be flying in a private jet to go anywhere, let alone with an older man who pays me to be his arm candy. I had to work a shift at Penthouse, so Enzo sent Charlie to take me to the airport. We pull onto the tarmac where the plane awaits with its lights illuminating the windows. Enzo is already inside, and from my vantage point, he's wearing thick-rimmed reading glasses. My stomach does a little flutter. They suit him and somehow make him appear more suave.

Wind from the bay swirls my hair, and I'm still wearing my uniform, so it sends a shiver up my bare legs while climbing the metal steps into the jet. The flight attendants greet Charlie and me with refreshments when we enter. I thank them and grab my complimentary water, and that's when Enzo spots me. He removes his glasses upon standing and I can't help but smile.

"Let me take your bag," he says, kissing my cheek. "I bet you want to get out of your work uniform. There's a bathroom at the end of the aisle and a change of clothes for you."

"Change of clothes?"

"Just something comfy for you to wear on the flight." He winks.

"Thanks."

"Are you hungry?" He guides me to our seats. "There's food available. I can grab you a menu."

"I ate at the club," I say through a yawn.

"You must be tired. I've got a blanket and a facemask for you." He plucks a gift bag from the seat, and rifles through it. "There's a pair of slippers, a toothbrush and toothpaste, ear plugs, a neck pillow..."

"You got all of this for me?"

"Yes, of course. I want you to be comfortable."

I chuckle, "The attendant said the flight is only an hour and forty minutes."

"I still want you to be comfortable."

"Thanks." I take the bag, and kiss his cheek, allowing my lips to linger for a few seconds to inhale the woodsy scent of his cologne.

His hands slowly slip away when I excuse myself to the bathroom, but I can still feel the impression of his touch when I shut the door behind me. I blow out a breath. It's going to be a long weekend with his polite caresses stirring desire in me.

But, I already know Enzo is too much of a gentleman to make a move, which is partly why I keep entertaining Kyle.

Deep down, I just want to be loved.

◇◇◇

Thanks to the velvety pajamas, fluffy slippers, and warm fleece blanket, I fall asleep shortly after takeoff, but it goes by in a blink as Enzo taps me awake. I yawn and stretch, and say a muffled hello, which prompts a smile from him as he removes his reading glasses. 

"Have a good nap?"

"Yes." I give a sleepy grin. "The best."

"Good." He tucks the lenses inside the duffle bag next to him. "The pilot just announced we'll be landing soon."

Enzo has been reading ever since I showed up, but until now, I didn't notice what had his attention, and it's a mystery novel, like the kind you can find in airport kiosks. I would have assumed he was deep in business stuff, like a contract for a client, but instead, he's been... relaxing. Why does this make me like him more? I can easily picture him sitting in front of the wall of windows at his apartment, flipping through pages of a book, with a glass of cognac in one hand. 

This is also the first time I've seen Enzo in more casual attire. However, it's not completely laid back, but the cashmere sweater and slacks are a nice change of pace from the suits he wears. Not that I hate the suits. In fact, a man has never looked better in a tux than Enzo, but I would love to see him in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt one day.