Chapter 23 ~ Bliss

It's morning and light from the sunrise sneaks past a set of curtains that aren't mine. Nor are the soft sheets covering my naked body. I blink a few times, and even pinch myself because I'm in Enzo's bed. A grin spreads across my face. I'm exactly where I should be. When he walked away from me at my parent's house, it felt like he was closing the book on our relationship. There was defeat in his eyes, which cast doubt on the hope I had about his feelings for me. 

But thanks to me getting a wild hair up my ass, I left the house in the middle of the night and came here demanding answers. Now that I have them, it feels like our relationship can finally begin.

I'm in love with Enzo, and he's in love with me.

Inhaling a deep, satisfied breath through my nostrils, I turn over to snuggle him and draw little hearts on his bare chest with my finger. I'm so giddy that I spell out, I Love You, and Enzo stirs, so I pause, not wanting to wake him.

Then I realize...

Last night he didn't actually say that he loves me. I said it, but he didn't.

I close my eyes and hug his torso with my head against his chest. His heart rhythm has a steady tempo, and judging by the soft cadence of his breathing, he's completely relaxed like a kitten purring. Maybe Enzo did say he loves me, but in my explosive orgasm, I didn't hear him. Because there's no way a man can look at me the way he does, deep in the eyes, while inside me like he wants our souls to be one, and not love me. Right?

Last night felt like more than just sex. It felt like making love

His arms squeeze me, and with a groggy morning voice says, "Hi."

"Morning." I lift my head and my heart swells at his handsome, sleepy face.

He kisses my forehead.

"You always wake up before me," he chuckles softly.

"It's hard to sleep when the sun starts coming in."

"Then I'll install blackout curtains so we can sleep in next time."

"Does this mean you're inviting me to another sleepover? 

"No," he says, then rolls and pins me onto my back. There's a devilish smile in his eyes as he strokes a few curls away from my face. "I'm holding you hostage. I want you to stay here forever."

I laugh, "You don't have to kidnap me. I am a willing participant. Keep me here forever."

"In that case..." The corners of his mouth twist, and he begins kissing down my neck, down my chest, down my stomach.

"Enzo!" 

"What?" He stops at my belly button.

"I... haven't showered."

"And?"

"And maybe I should get a little freshened up?"

"Oh, no, no, no." He grins wickedly and pushes my legs apart with his palms. "Let me enjoy my breakfast."

"But—"

"Relax, Mara." He kisses my inner thigh. "Women are always scared about what they taste like, but little do they know, us men like some extra flavor." He winks and kisses my other thigh. "Trust me." 

I inhale a sharp breath and clench a fistful of his hair when his tongue makes the first stroke. No other man will ever compare to Enzo.

Absolutely no one.

I melt into the pillows.

After Enzo's feast, we shower and head out for some real breakfast. While we wait for our meals to arrive, Enzo checks a few work emails, and I scroll on Instagram. Then I notice I have one less follower, which isn't difficult to miss since I don't have many to begin with. Unlike Delilah who is a mini influencer and has countless strangers interacting with her posts. I swipe left to check my messages, and that's when I see a grey icon instead of a profile picture and user not found for the ongoing chat I had with Kyle.