Chapter 25 ~ ENZO

It's Mara's last night at Penthouse and she's gracing the center stage platform with movements that cause her gauzy dress to sift in ways that make her look like an angel moving through the clouds. I could watch her for hours, but unfortunately, I'm stuck in the VIP section entertaining clients and can only steal glances at my beautiful tiny dancer. 

However, I really shouldn't pout. She moves into my apartment tomorrow, which means I'll get to be around her more often, and truly be with her. I'm already looking forward to cooking together and doing mundane things like folding laundry. Sometimes I find myself standing in the doorway of the spare room, imagining what I can transform it into. What we can transform it into.

Right now it serves as a guest bedroom, but maybe it could be a mini ballet studio instead or... a nursery. My heart still drums at the thought of Mara having a pregnant belly with the life I helped put in there. Maybe I'm crazy to still have that dream, but lately, it remains a whisper in the back of my mind. 

The club is more crowded than usual, and when you come to Penthouse every week, people's faces become familiar. However, there are so many new ones in the sea of bodies. Even the VIP section has people I don't recognize. Perhaps it's the Lord of the Rings theme. It appears to be a hit with guests, and some are even dressed in cosplay. Yet, despite the club being at maximum capacity, I can feel it any time Mara looks my way. It's a vibration in the atmosphere, a tug at my heartstrings, and an urge to glance at her as if our souls are in sync. Every time I do, her gorgeous face lights up with an expression of love, and I want to leap across the crowd, engulf her in my arms, and show everyone that she is mine. 

That itch to look her way again consumes me, so I steal a glance and Mara blows me a kiss. I wink at her, then go back to chatting with my clients.

I still haven't told her how I feel, but I will.

This time tomorrow, she and I will be in Mallorca. I keep teasing her about all the naughty things I plan to do while we're there, but honestly, I just want to have a lot of ordinary, memorable adventures. Like renting a scooter to ride around the island with the wind in our hair, and stopping at delicious restaurants with views overlooking the ocean. I want to watch the sunset with Mara and walk on the beach holding hands. 

It's the simple things.

Time passes, and the night seems long as I wait for things to finish up with my clients. They always like to linger in the glitz and glam. I suppose it makes them feel young. It also doesn't hurt that when you sit in the VIP section, it's a magnet for attractive people who want to get to know you... or rather, get to know the contents of your wallet. My clients thrive off it. Penthouse is a different world and for a few hours, they get to be kings and queens.

But I don't need to be a king.

I want one woman, and one woman only. 

I look Mara's way again, and she signals that she's done with her shift before stepping down from her platform. So, I politely wrap things up with my clients since she and I are going home together. Home. Our home. A smile tugs at my lips with that thought.

About thirty minutes pass between saying goodbye to my clients and making my way through the crowd to exit the club. My friend Noelle has been keeping a close watch on Mara all week, to make sure she's safe, but I gave her the night off since I'm here. I text Mara and tell her to let me know when she exits the back, so I can meet her there. A few seconds later, my phone chirps.

Mara: my resignation from Penthouse is in! I'm officially unemployed! Lol.

Me: And now the real fun begins. Heading over to meet you now.