001

Summer Valdez had been hanging out with the Pogues for as long as she could remember, her first friend was Kiara Carrera when she was 11, both bonding over their love for the water.

But then she met Pop Heyward when she was 12, the boy making some deliveries by her house, the girl waiting by the docks. But that same day was when she met JJ Maybank, the boy who coaxed her into getting on the delivery boat and sailing off with it.

But John B was what brought them all together, the group of 5 becoming inseparable.

The five of them were hanging out in an soon to be constructed building, the remains of what used to be a turtle habitat in shambles. 

JJ and Summer sat in the rafters, their legs dangling in the wind. Pope was on the ground, Kiara was inside the building, while John B was on the roof.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope questions which made both JJ and Summer look up at the roof, Summer's brows raised as John B held his leg out.

"I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pop says as John B stick the pad of his pointer finger in his mouth, holding it in the air to check the breeze.

"Hm. Should I do it?" John B questioned his friends. "Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pop says as he holds up the drill he was holding. "You'll shoot me?" John B questions incredulously.

"Yep." Pope says as John B mocks shooting a gun with his fingers, Summer laughing in amusement. 

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kiara complains which made Summer roll her eyes, upset with the deconstruction of the habitat.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ says as Summer leant forward. "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Summer whines.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ says as he nudges Summer making her scowl at him playfully. "Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara shouts up at John B.

"Don't spill that beer." JJ says as he takes a swig from the beer can, looking back up to his friend. "I'm not giving you another one." The blonde says, just at that moment John B dropped his beer.

"Dumbass." Summer says as John B groaned from the roof, JJ snickering. "Right when I told you not to." JJ says as Pope rushed over to them.

"Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up." Pope says as Summer rushed behind JJ, the blonde holding his hand out for his friend. "Boys are early today." JJ states which made Summer nod. 

"Gary, is that you?" Summer shouts, JJ howling along with her as he helped her down, Kiara grinning at her friends. "You're just asking for it." She says as Gary shouts after them.