005

Kiara and Summer were sat on a branch, talking but when she heard the sound of water splashing her 6th sense kicked in. The rest of the teens chanted 'fight' over and over again, Sarah's shouts mixing with JJ's.

Summer shoved her way to the front, seeing John B in the water as Topper stood. "Hey, John B, don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" Topper says, Summer's glare harshened at his words as John B sat up in the water, his clothes soaked.

John B then stood up and got Topper in a chokehold, the two boys punching each other. "Stop!" Summer shouts, her eyes wide. "Stop, you guys!" Kiara shouts as the rest of the teens continue to chant.

"Topper! Stop!" Sarah shrieks. "Get ahold of your dog Sarah." Summer sneers as she stands with Kiara, both girls feeling stressed for their friend. "Come on, John B!" Pope shouts as Topper and John B stand in the sand, circling each other.

John B threw the first punch, but everything sounded muffled in Summer's head. The shrieks, the chants, everything. But when Topper began to hold John B's head underwater, Summer didn't hesitate.

"Summer!" Kiara shouts as she grabbed ahold of her friend. "Let him go!" Summer shouted, worried for the boy who was basically her brother. "He's drowning him." Kiara says as Pope comes next to them.

But when JJ stood behind Topper with the gun they found that day, everyone but the pogue group, Sarah, and Topper ran. "Yeah, you know what that is. Your move, broski." JJ threatens as Topper let go of John B.

"JJ!" Summer shouts as Topper got up, holding his hands in the air. "Stop! JJ! Put the gun down." Sarah exclaims. "Did you say somethin', princess?" JJ questions, his eyes trained on Topper.

"Kie! Can you check your psycho friend, please?" Sarah exclaims as JJ finally moved away, raising the gun in the air. "Okay, everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!" JJ shouts as he fired two shots into the air, people screamed and ran off while Kiara and Pope scolded JJ, shouting at him.

"John B!" Summer exclaimed as she ran over to the boy who was still in the water. "Help me guys!" Summer exclaimed as she tried to get him out, it was a major group effort but they got him out.

"John B." Summer says as they all wait for him, hopefully to cough up the salt water. So when he did everyone let out their own sighs of relief. "Holy shit." Pope says as Summer covered her face. "Don't scare us like that asshole." Summer says, glaring down at him.

"Sorry, baby sis." John B says, Summer smiling softly. "Just this once." Summer says.

--------

The next morning, JJ and Summer had gone to the Valdez house early to help clean it of tree branches and make it look somewhat livable.

"Hey!" Trinity calls, this made JJ and Summer look over and see the 23 year old grinning at them, bags in her hands. "Oh, thank God!" Summer exclaims as Trinity put the bags down, opening her arms for a hug.

 "Oh, thank God!" Summer exclaims as Trinity put the bags down, opening her arms for a hug

"You too Maybank." Trinity says as she held out her other arm, JJ laughing as he rushed over and gave her a hug. 

"So...anything happen when I was gone?" Trinity questions as she starts to put the few groceries away. "Nope." "Nuh uh." Summer and JJ said at the same time. "Well, beside Agatha." JJ says which made Summer laugh.

"You goin' out?" Trinity questioned as she turned to her sister and the blonde boy. "Yeah, gonna head over to John B's." Summer says, Trinity nodding. "Okay, I need to have a talk with Heyward, and I'll see you for dinner okay?" Trinity questioned, Summer saluting.

"Be safe!" Summer shouts as she and JJ walk towards the chateau. "You too!" Trinity shouts as she walked towards Heyward's.

"Hey." JJ calls as he and Summer walked to where Kiara and Pope were. "Hey." Kiara called back as the blonde sat atop the small circular table, Summer sat next to Kiara as she played the bongos.

--------

"Look, I'm callin' it off. All right?" John B says as he walked out, his entire friend group turning to him in shock. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B concludes, Summer nodding a bit as she looked to her shoes.

"And you believed her?" JJ questions incredulously. "Yes, I believe her, JJ." John B says, his voice raising just a bit.

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ says as he moved away from the table and towards the group. 

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun." John B says pointedly to his blonde friend.

"You know what I should have done man? I should've just let Topper drown your ass." JJ says, Summer turning and glaring at him. "JJ." Summer says warningly.

"Topper was gonna drown me?" John B questions, ignoring Summer's warning. "Sure looked like it." JJ says with a shrug. "Funny." John B says humorously.

"Have you looked in a mirror?" JJ questions referring to John B's prominent black eye. "Tell me some more. Come on." John B taunts as JJ steps closer to the small hangout spot.

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ exclaims as he slaps the small buoys that they hung for decoration.

"Look, it's okay!" Kiara exclaims, but JJ turned to her. "No, it's not okay! It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it man." JJ says as he points to John B who looked away.

"I know you do. And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you...I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" JJ says motioning to Pope first then Kiara.

"But you, Summer and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right?" JJ says. "JJ." John B says softly. 

"And I know it didn't use to be that way for you." JJ starts as John B shook his head. "I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B repeats as he tried to walk away, only to be stopped by JJ.

"So that's it?" JJ questioned. "Just get out of my way, bro." John B shoved away, Summer's eyes widening as she looked to her other two friends. "John B, listen to me. I have a plan." JJ exclaims as he rushed towards John B.

After several moments of deliberation, Summer was on her way back to her house with JJ. "I need to change into my suit, I'll be back." Summer says as she rushed to her room which was down the hall.

But when the door opened, he saw Trinity walk in. "What are you guys doing home so early?" Trinity questioned as she ran a hand through her hair. "Sunny's changing into her bathing suit." JJ says, Trinity raising a brow.

"You guys aren't going to the marsh right? Cops are scopin' it out." Trinity says, JJ shaking his head. "Just going swimming by Pope's." JJ says, Trinity nodding as Summer came back out. "Hey Trin." Summer says as she smiled a bit.

"Hey, you two be safe okay? Don't get arrested." Trinity says as she points a finger at the duo. "Yes ma'am." JJ says with a salute as they rushed away.