006

They were all sat on the boat as Kiara checked the levels of the tanks, Summer stood next to JJ as Kiara huffed.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks? I...Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us." Kiara says as she looked around at the group, Summer grimacing.

"Love it when a plan comes together." JJ says as Summer shook her head. "Does anyone know how to dive?" Summer questioned as she looked to her friends.

The boys began stammering, Summer and Kiara sighing. "Anybody?" Kiara questioned. "It's kind of a Kook sport." JJ defends which made Summer groan.

"I... read about it." Pope says, Kiara sighing irritated. " Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." Kiara says. 

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ questions obliviously. "If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Pope says simply. 

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ stops as he bent over, getting up into Summer's personal space. "J, come on." Summer says as she used her knee to hit JJ's butt. "Ow." JJ says as he moved back to his original spot.

"The bends kill you." Pope says which made JJ nod. "Right." He says as John B sighed. "I can... I can dive." John B stammered which made his friends turn to him in shock.

"You can dive. I'm cool with that." JJ says with a shrug. "Since when can you dive?" Kiara questions. "I'll do it. It's fine." John B says. "You better not die John B." Summer says as she moved to stand next to Kiara.

"Let me do some calculations real quick." Pope says as he pulled out a pen and paper. 

"That boat's about 30 feet down. So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety stop at about...ten feet. All right? For two minutes." Pope says as Summer takes off her shorts, then her shirt, turning to Kiara who nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it." John B says as Kiara took her shirt off, both girls jumping into the water together. 

"Uh..." "What was that all about?" Pope questions, interrupting John B. "I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." JJ says as he stared at where Summer used to stand. 

When the two girls resurfaced, Summer moved her hair from her face. "Hey! We tied our T-shirts to the anchor chain about ten feet down." Kiara starts. "It's where you need to do your safety stop." Summer says as she swam back to the boat.

"Cool." John B says as Kiara and Summer swam around towards the back of the boat, climbing back up. "Zen. Think Zen, you know?" JJ says as he imitates breathing through a mask.

"Yeah. Got it." John B says as he stands at the bow in the diving gear. "Hey, if we get caught in the marsh, we're basically screwed, so... better get a move on." Pope says. "Copy that." John B says as Kiara climbed up, kissing him on his cheek.

"Diver down?" John B questioned the girl in front of him. "Diver down." Kiara says as JJ turned to Summer. "How come you never show me affection like that?" JJ questioned, Summer raising a brow.

"I kissed your cheek for good luck the other day." Summer says which made JJ pout as John B jumped into the water. 

--------

Summer had sat down with a sigh, all four of them waiting for John B to resurface. "Can I talk to you when we get back to your place?" JJ questions, Summer nodding with a smile.