Past Improprieties

After Deuce mostly defeated the three students, the first student held up his second friend, "This guy's outta his mind!" His other friend shouted, "Bwah! L-let's get outta here!" Then the three students ran off as Deuce shouted, "Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!" Moonlight sweatdrops but felt proud. Grim then says, "Whoooooa..." Then Deuce panicked, "No!" Moonlight tilts her head, "Huh? What's wrong?" Deuce frowned, "I did it again, didn't I...?" Both Grim and Moonlight looked to each other in confusion as Deuce continued, "I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!"

Moonlight questioned, "Deuce, what's the story?" Deuce sighs and looked down, "When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild. I cut school all the time and got in fights. I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair... I blasted around tight curves on my Magic Wheel..." He cross his arms, "I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet... I was a total punk." Grim tilts his head, "So you were only a little more annoying than you are now?" Moonlight hums, "You kinda do give off vibes... but do continue." Deuce softly sighs and continues, "But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma. She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears. She was saying how she must have been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself." Moonlight frowns, 'Wow... What the heck...' Deuce shook his head, "That had nothin' to do with it! She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all me. When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me."

He then smiled, "I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry. This time, I'd become an honor student - someone she could be proud of. And I already messed it all up!" Grim shrugged, "I mean, did ya, though? Is putting up with jerks what honor students do?" Deuce felt confused and Grim continued, "Even I, Grim the Magnanimous, was ready to pound those losers into tuna paste!" Grim grinned, "You just got to 'em first." Moonlight chuckled, "I agree with Grim." Deuce smiles a bit, "You guys..." Moonlight says, "Even honor students get angry sometimes." Deuce chuckles, "I guess you're right! I just hope those chicks can rest in peace." Moonlight sweatdrops and frowns, "Um... Deuce... Sorry to say this but... Those eggs aren't meant to hatch." Deuce paused then it slowly turned into shock, "Wha- WHAAAAAT?! Are you kidding me?!"

Back to the kitchen, Cryzuko was happily nibbling on strawberries as she waved, "Hallo! You guys came back!" Ace huffed, "Took you three long enough." Trey grinned, "Let's get this tart-y started!" 

After some time, Trey says, "Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and..." Both Grim and Ace shout, "Finished!" Deuce stammered, "Fin...ished..." Cryzuko tilts her head, "Eh? Did something happen to Deuce?" Moonlight sighs, "Best not to ask him..." Deuce in the meanwhile sulked, "For sixteen years, I was so sure..." Ace sighs, "Yeah, whatever. I'm pretty beat." He looked to Cryzuko, "Making tarts sure takes it outta you." Then suddenly Cater showed up, "Hey fam! You look wrecked. Are the tarts done? Ooh, those look sooo cute!" He takes out his phone, "Lemme snap a quick pic for Magicam!" Ace had a annoyed expression, "What, NOW you decide to show up?" Cater chuckled, "I just came to see how hard my little newbs were working."

Trey says, "It's tough work if you're not used to it. But there's no better cure for the ails of fatigue than something sweet from the oven!" He then showed them the tart, "Help yourself to some of this tart." The three, Cater, Grim, and Ace cheered. Cryzuko let's out happy monkey noises. Ace crossed his arms, "Pretty funny how you managed to show right when it was ready to eat, Cater." Cater shrugs, "Someone's gotta be the official taster!" Grim says, "That smells so good... Glossy chestnuts on top, fluffy cream below... I can't wait another second, I'm going in!" Then everyone took a slice as Ace was surprised, "Oh, dang..." Moonlight smiled, "Yum." Cryzuko lets out very happy monkey noises, "It taste so good!" Cater grins, "Yuuum! Liked and subscriiibed!" Deuce smiled, "This is like something from a fancy bakery." Grim cheerfully says, "Rich in flavor, yet not too sweet... It's like chestnuts are dancing across my tongue!"

Trey questioned, "Is that... a good thing?" Cater then says, "Oh, Trey! You gotta do the thing." Trey blinked, "The thing?" He then says, "Oh... That."

Moonlight questioned, "What's the "thing"?" Trey asked, "What's everyone's favorite food?" Ace responds, "Probably cherry pie. Or hamburgers." Grim says, "Canned tuna's at the top of my list. Then maybe cheese omelets, roast meat, pudding..." Deuce answered, "If I had to pick, I guess I'd say... omelet rice?" Cater cheerfully says, "I like a nice lamb chop with diablo sauce." Cryzuko shouts, "Me like anything that is strawberry!" Moonlight hums, "...I guess... Buldak which is just spicy noodles." Trey smiles and nods, "All right, you've got it... Let's "Paint the Roses"!" Deuce then asked with a confused look, "Huh? What does that mean?" Trey says with a chuckle, "Take another bite of your tart and see." Everyone took a bite which surprised everyone. Ace shouts, "Huh? How- Now it tastes like cherry pie!" Grim's tail wags, "It's just like canned tuna! *munch* *munch* Now it tastes like a cheese omelet! And grilled meat!" Grim continues to eat, "And pudding!" Moonlight smiles, "I missed the taste of spicy noodles..." Cater chuckled, "Neat trick, eh? That's gotta be a hit when Trey's having tea with the ladies."

Cryzuko tilts her head, "Eh?" Deuce says, "It's very impressive." He then questioned, "Is changing flavors your signature spell, Trey?" Trey shook his head, "Technically, it's "overwriting characteristics." I can change taste, color, smell, whatever. It only lasts for a little while. But it is kinda like covering up the real thing hence, "painting."" Grim says in a cheerful tone, "If I had magic like that, I could be eatin' canned tuna every meal of every day!" Grim says, "That's way better than Riddle's stupid collar magic!" Trey shook his head, "Oh, that's in a whole other league. His signature spell is a weapon. Mine's just childish prestidigitation." He then crossed his arms, "Speaking of Riddle - it's too late to give him these now. Let's call it a day and do it tomorrow." He then states, "Don't forget that tomorrow's the unbirthday party. You don't want to be late." Ace looks to Cryzuko, "Cryzuko, can I crash with you again?" He sighs, "It doesn't sound like I'll be allowed back in my own dorm tonight." Moonlight questioned, "Again?" Deuce frowned, "It isn't right to keep mooching off of Cryzuko, Ace." 

Grim shouts, "Yeah, it ain't! If you wanna stay tonight, you gotta pay for the privilege! Ten cans of tuna!" Ace pouts, "What?! Guess I'm sleeping outside, then." Trey sighs, "Why don't you go and stay at [MC]'s dorm too, Deuce, so you can keep an eye on him?" He smiles, "As vice housewarden, I can issue you a sleepover pass." Cater shrugs and shook his head, "That's our Trey, always spoiling the newbs. What fun for you." He then grins, " Ooh, maybe I'll come too! What do you say, Moonlight?" Trey frowned, "No pass for you." Cater pouts, "Aww. Sad trumpet... Womp womp wooomp." Trey sighs and looked to Moonlight, "Sorry to dump them all on you, Moonlight. At least it's just for tonight."

Moonlight sighs, "Fine... It's fine." Then the five leave as Cryzuko says, "Tomorrow's the unbirthday party. I wonder what's going to happen." Ace huffed, "Well it doesn't matter. I'm gonna get rid of this stupid collar! Just you wait, Riddle!"

- Nighttime, in heartslabyul dorm -

A student runs over to Trey and Cater, "Trey! Cater! You're finally back! We've been looking everywhere for you!" Trey questioned, "What happened?" The student frowns, "Ten dorm members were caught violating rule 256... "No drinking honey-sweetened lemonade after 8 p.m." Housewarden Riddle collared them all!" Both Trey and Cater frown at that. The student shouts, "I can't take it anymore! I can't live like this!" He then starts to tear up, "Everything we do violates some insane rule!" He then sobs, "I want to transfer to another dorm..." Trey softly sighs, "It'll be okay. We'll go talk to the housewarden." He crossed his arms, "You go back to your room." The student nods and leaves. Cater shook his head, "Guess I'd better go make some tea or something, as a show of deference to the Queen." Trey nods, "Thanks, Cater." He then quickly says to Cater who was about to leave to the kitchen, "Oh, but make sure it's herbal tea, not black. You know what rule 153 says about drinking tea at night." Cater sighs, "Yeaaah, sure. Of course."