chapter 22 | flood current

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

AS THUNDER SPEARS CONTINUED to rain down around the Fighting Titan, explosions rocked the plaza with relentless intensity. The air filled with smoke and debris, obscuring visibility and disorienting her senses. Caught in the chaos, the Fighting struggled to evade the barrage, her attention divided between dodging projectiles and maintaining awareness of her surroundings.

One Scout seized the opportunity presented by the distraction. They maneuvered through the billowing smoke, closing in on the exposed nape of Juliet's Titan.

The Scout launched themselves toward the vulnerable spot, their blades at the ready.

Their maneuver proved successful, their blade piercing through the weakened armor around the Fighting Titan's nape. The cut exposed Juliet's body, steam filling the air around her.

The unnamed Scout grabbed hold of Juliet's body and pulled her out from within the Titan's nape, "I got her!"

The moment was fraught with urgency. Explosions continued to reverberate through the plaza, casting shadows of debris and smoke across the tumultuous scene. The Scout wasted no time, their ODM gear activating with a resounding click as they propelled themselves away from the heart of the commotion.

Juliet's mind raced with urgency as she found herself in the grip of the Scout, their grasp firm and unyielding amidst the chaos of battle. She glanced at their face, not recognizing the soldier and deciding to move forward.

With quick thinking and a surge of adrenaline, she swiftly loosened the sleeves of her jacket uniform, allowing her arms to slip free with ease, "Hey! Stop moving!"

Juliet wriggled out of the Scout's grasp. The din of battle surrounded them, but she remained focused on the immediate task at hand. She slid out of her jacket, abandoning her red arm sleeve but leaving her in the white button-up and tie under her coat. Juliet wasted no time biting her lower lip harshly, triggering the Fighting's second transformation and killing the unknown Scout with the blast.

"Why the hell did he go for it?" Jean, who was standing on a roof watching the scene play out, "If we don't stick to the plan, we'll never make it out alive!"

The Attack Titan's hardened fists came crashing down upon the Fighting Titan as soon as it appeared. Each punch reverberated through the air, the impact sending shockwaves through the ground and echoing the intensity of the battle.

The Fighting Titan staggered under the barrage, its crystalline specs struggling to withstand the relentless onslaught. Sparks from her crystal form flew and cracks began to form, but Juliet fought to maintain her stance, determined not to yield.

Above, Mikasa soared with the grace and precision of a hawk. Her ODM gear propelled her through the air with astonishing speed, the cables allowing her to maneuver effortlessly around the figures locked in combat below. Her eyes were fixed on the Titan, searching for any opening, any vulnerability she could exploit.