Chapter 4

Xavier entered his study. He had been tracking his X-men using Cerebro and saw that they were on their way back to the mansion. He had already alerted Storm to prepare a room for the new arrival. As the Professor looked out his window, he saw the X-jet fly over head. He smiled to himself. After several minutes, there was a knock on his door.

"Come in," he said.

A young woman opened the door and walked into the room. She was wearing a blue uniform. Xavier could see Rogue standing behind her.

Thank you, Rogue, he told her telepathically.

Rogue nodded and walked away.

"Hello," Xavier greeted the woman. "My name is Professor Charles Xavier. I trust that my students treated you well."

"Yes, they were very kind to me," she said. "To be honest, I was wondering if there were others out there like me. People with powers."

"I know, Abigail. You were wondering if there would be a place if you could live in peace."

"How did you-?"

"I'm a telepath. My gifts give me the ability to read and control minds. I want you to know that you will be safe here. All of my students are unique in their own ways."

"I understand."

Xavier moved his wheel chair towards the door.

"Shall I give you the tour?"

Abby stood up and followed the Professor down the halls. He showed her where the kitchen, studies, living rooms, and bedrooms were. He lead her into an elevator and the two journeyed down to the lower levels of the mansion. The two entered a small room with control panels and windows. They walked over to the windows and looked down. Below them, a small group of X-men were training. Logan had thrown Bobby Drake, Jubilation Lee, Rahne Sinclair, Roberto da Costa, and Alex Masters into a training session.

"Woah," Abigail said.

"Logan takes his training sessions very seriously. He pushes the students to improve their fighting techniques. Some of the students here train at least once a day, by choice. Others have scheduled days when they are to report to training. If you wish Abigail, you may join Logan's session."

"I think I'll pass for now, but I'd definitely would love to try it out."

"Just let one of the instructors know, and they would be more than willing to help."

The two left the room and Xavier showed Abigail to her room. She thanked the Professor as he left her in her room. On his way back to his study, the Professor ran into Jean and Scott.

"Ah, Jean, Scott," he said. "Could I ask you something?"

"Sure thing Professor," Scott said.

"Would you two mind introducing yourself to our newest student. Her name is Abigail and she has the ability to fly. If you two would be willing, could you possibly train with her?"

"Of course, Professor," Jean said. "We'd be happy to help."