Chapter 12

Abby stared at Warren. He was trapped beneath the bench, unable to get up. A shock of pain went through her and a voice in her ear told her to finish him. Abby shook the voice out of her head. She was able to regain control of herself for a moment. She looked around her. Fights were going on all around her. Another shock went through her and she fell to her knees.

"You think you can hit this?" Toad said, jumping close to her, then leaping away.

Gambit threw cards at him, then began to race after him, but stopped when he saw Abby. He raced over to her side and knelt down beside her.

"What's wrong, ma copine?" he asked.

"Magneto's trying to take me over," she replied, shaking. "He's trying to control me."

Her wings turned back to normal and they tucked in close to her. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the constant orders coming from Magneto. She put her hands on the floor in front of her as another shock went through her body. She shut her eyes tight. Gambit watched her as her blonde hair drapped over her shoulders, revealing her neck. There was a small device on it.

"Hold on, ma copine," he said.

He reached for the device and when he touched it, it shocked him. He pulled his hand back quickly, then tried again. He resisted the shock and grabbed the device. He quickly charged it, making sure the charge was enough to get rid of the machine but not enough to injure Abby. It glowed for a second, then blew up. Abby's body relaxed and she began to stop shaking. She looked up at Gambit.

"Thanks," she said. She looked up at the fights around her. "We need to stop this."

Her wings turned back to metal and she flew into the air. Toad jumped up, ready to spit a slime ball at Gambit, but Abby grabbed his tongue. She threw him at Blob with enough force to knock both them over.

"That's enough of that," Pietro said.

Abby looked and was suddenly punch in the jaw. She gasped from the blow. She saw a blur coming towards her again. She dodged his punch and tripped Pietro with her wing. He flew to the ground and landed in a fountain. Abby heard someone gasp and when she looked, Wanda was on the ground and Rogue was adjusting her glove. Lance looked around at his team, then at the X-men.

"Take your team and go, Alvers," Scott said. "There's nothing more you can do."

"This ain't over, Summers," Lance said, turning away. "Come on, team."

Quicksilver rushed over to his sister and picked her up in his arms. Blob picked up Toad and the team left the mall. Once they left, Rogue turned to Abby.

"Good to have you back, Abby," she said.

"Thanks, Rogue," Abby replied. She suddenly gasped and looked behind her. "Warren," she muttered. She rushed over to him and grabbed the bench. The others followed after her and helped her lift the seat off of Warren's back. Once he was free, the team helped get him to the X-Velocity.