Chapter 11

Warren looked at Abby, who was now flying level with him. Her eyes were darker and had hints of fear behind them. Her suit was black and dark red.

"Abby," he said, "what are you doing? You need to stop."

"No!" Abby said. "I've held back for too long. There was always someone to hold me back. First the President, then Xavier. Magneto offers me the chance to be myself."

"But to also be feared. The Brotherhood causes chaos, not order. This isn't what you want."

"That's not what you know." Her voice sounded enraged, but it did not sound like the Abby who Warren had met.

Abby flew at Warren, her wings made of metal, and the two nearly collided. Warren managed to avoid her by dropping down. He glanced down at the fight below him. Scott and Lance were dueling it out, Toad and Gambit were battling, Iceman was dueling Quicksilver, Kitty was fighting Blob, and Rogue was brawling the Scarlet Witch. Warren looked up again and saw Abby flying back towards him. Before he could move, she landed a punch to his stomach. He grunted, then flew higher in the air. Warren looked behind him and saw Abby quickly flying after him. When Warren looked ahead of him, a bench was coming at him. He collided with the bench and fell to the ground, the seat landing on top of him. Abby landed a few feet away from him and stood there.