Chapter 5

The next morning, Jean and Scott scheduled to meet Abigail in the Danger room. The day before, she had asked them is they would help her train and they happily agreed.

"You ready?" Jean asked as they walked through the door.

"Yeah," Abigail said.

"We'll start off easy," Scott told her.

He selected one of the easier programs that Professor Xavier and Logan had programed into the Danger Room. Sections of the floor slowly rose, creating a sort of maze and obstacle course. Abigail looked around in wonder at what the room could do. She spread her wings and flew into the air. Jean used the telekinesis to raise Scott onto on of the raised sections and she hovered above in the air.

"Let's get started," Jean said.

Four metal balls ejected from the walls. Jean used her powers to control their directions. She began to throw them at Abby. Abigail spread her wings and dodged the flying spheres. Scott shot an optic blast at Abigail, trying to distract her. She quickly turned her wings into metal and wrapped them around her. When she opened her wings again, she saw one of the metal balls coming towards her. She flew up and out of the way, letting it crash into the wall. Scott kept shooting his optic blasts at her. Abby flew throughout the room, drawing his fire. She smiled to herself and flew to the base of the pillar he was standing on. Scott ceased fire for a second, giving Abigail the opportunity. She shot up the side, catching scott by surprise. Jean kept guiding the spheres around the room, keeping her eyes on Abigail. Suddenly, blasters unfolded out of the walls and began to shot at Abby.

"Woah!" Abigail shouted, flying past the blasters.

"You have to be ready for anything," Scott said.

Abby flew close to the blasters, her wings still metal. She grabbed onto one and pointed it towards one of the other blaster, which exploded upon being hit with a blast. She looked at the ground and smiled at Jean and Scott. Scott shot another optic blast at her, but she jumped out of the way, letting it hit the blaster. She dropped to the ground, landing on her feet. She smiled at at the two.

"Nice job," Jean said.

"Thanks," Abby said.

"I think that's enough training for today," Scott said. "The other students should be waking up by now."

The three left the danger room and headed up stairs. Abigail went to her room in change into jeans and a tee-shirt. After eating breakfast, she decided to go outside. She walked around the ground and made her way over to a near by cliff. She stood at the edge, enjoying the breeze and the smell of the water. She looked up and saw a few birds flying through the sky. She smiled and spread her wings wide. She walked forward and stepped off the cliff. She flapped her wings and flew into the air. She allowed her wings to carry her high into the air and soar among the clouds and birds. Abigail reached out to touch one of the clouds when a figure shot past her, catching her by surprise. She nearly lost her balance, but quickly recovered. Warren flew up next to her and smiled.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't know you were here."

"Same here," Abigail said. "Do you come out here to get away?"

"Yeah. I like to get away from the chatter and noise back in the mansion."

"I have to say, I was really amazed when I saw you had wings like me."

"Yeah, I was surprised when your wings turned to metal though. I can't do that."

Abigail smiled. She looked around the sky. It was clear and no one could be seen.

"Want to race?" she asked.

"What?"

"Would you like to race? From here to the high school and back."

Warren smiled.

"I'll say this now, I have never raced anyone with my powers."

"You saying that to make me go easier on you?"

"Nope, just a warning."

"Alright then. On your mark, get set, go!"

The two shot off. Abigail let Warren start off ahead. She followed him over Bayville enjoying the sights. She looked up and saw they were coming up on the high school. Abby smiled and shot up into the clouds, hiding herself.