Chapter Thirty Seven. [S2]

~~~~

But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you
Yeah, that's what I'll do

-

My heart is yours
It's you that I hold on to
Yeah, that's what I do
And I know, I was wrong
But I won't let you down

~~~~

[Rory's outfit]

[Rory's outfit]

-

Rory~

Rory~

MY tears had dried up well after another hour or so, and I just sat clinging to my brother in the hallway, my face buried in his chest and my arms around his torso. John B just kept rubbing my back, running his hand comfortingly through my hair and holding me until I was the first to pull away from the embrace. He constantly spoke reassuring words and kissed the top of my head. 

When I finally pulled away and sniffled, my face felt raw, cheeks dry and tear-stained and lips cracked. My throat was burning as I breathed and swallowed harshly. 

"You'll be good, Coco...you're fine," John B spoke, holding my face gently in his hands as he wiped under my eyes to make the tears disappear. "I'm here, always. Okay?"

"I swear, Birdie--I just lost control..."I croaked out. "I did not mean to jump. I don't wanna die," I added.

John B shook his head, his eyes seemed red as well, as though he'd been crying while holding me, too. He must have been exceptionally silent as he cried, because I did not realise he'd been crying for me while I broke down. 

"You don't have to talk about it, Coco...I know. I know you're not that crazy and unhinged to try and kill yourself..." He nodded, giving me a small sad smile. "It was that French thing you always talk about, wasn't it?" he asked. "L'appel du vide, or whatever...?"