💜Foolish Hearts - 04💜

"Mommy? Sing me a lullaby please? I can't sleep." The 10 year-old Kassidy requested when her Mom and Dad tucked her to sleep.

"Don't you think you're old na for a lullaby pa, Buttercup?" Her Dad teased and she pouted.

"But I want to hear Mommy sing." She requested and did her best puppy eyes at her Mom.

Athena chuckled and started singing. She's always mesmerized by her voice. Listening to her Mom always felt like there's an angel lulling her to sleep.

Her Mom continue singing as she caressed her hair and Kassidy felt her eyelids getting heavier.

She was about to succumb to dreamland when she heard her Mom chuckled and stopped singing.

She then opened her eyes and saw her Mom caressing her Dad's cheek.

"He fell asleep before you did." Her Mom commented when she noticed that she's still awake.

"Maybe Daddy's really tired." She replied and looks at the peacefull face of her Dad.

"He had a long day in the Senate." Her Mom said while staring at her Dad lovingly.

"Mommy, how'd you know Daddy's the one for you?" She asked and she can see the sparkle in her eyes as if remembering how she fell in-love with her husband.

Kassidy, despite of her young age, can understand that. She's been surrounded and a witness to their love all these years.

"You're too young for that Buttercup, but one thing I can assure you. Once you found the one, you'll know it here." Her Mom told her and touched her chest. "For there will be no one that feels right to be with other than that person, like you cannot imagine yourself to be with anyone but him." Athena added and Kassidy was confused.

She already imagined herself getting married with Wesley but she have other crushes too.

"Now, now, don't think much about it. Go to sleep na, lilipat na kami ng Daddy mo." Athena was about to wake Albert up but Kassidy protested.

"Momma? Can you and Daddy sleep here with me tonight?" She requested and her Mom smiled sweetly at her.

"Sure Buttercup. You really miss us na huh?" Her Mom ask and she nodded and wraps her arms around her Mom.

"We miss you too a lot, Buttercup and we love you so much. Never forget that." Her Mom said and kissed her forehead and hums a lullaby for her and this time, dreamland pulled her to a place where everything is just full of life and colors.

"I miss you Mommy." Kassidy's tears fell. She's currently inside her Mom's mausoleum built at the center of the farm.

It was adorned by thousands of Forget Me Not flowers. They originally had her Mom's body cremated and kept her ashes displayed inside a gorgeous jar inside their house. She just find out that when she left, her Dad had a mausoleum built inside the farm for her Mom.

She loves how it looks like a secret garden hidden by tall shrubs of vines and flowers but despite the beauty of the place, her heart still felt hallow.

Sana'y di magmaliw ang dati kong araw
Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay
Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal
Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako'y nasa duyan

She started singing the lullaby that her Mom used to sing for her, she misses her so much.

She miss how she tucked her to sleep ag night and tell her about her adventures overseas.