Chapter 11: BSS and Gaslight

After a week in the glade Chuck had all the energy, jumping around from place to place, laughing, smiling and talking non-stop. Not that I was complaining though he was good company.

"Hi Vi!" Chuck grins walking into the kitchen.

"Hi Chucky" I smile.

"Jeeze Vivi you need to get your son out of here!" Fry teases.

"Sorry!" Chuck yelps running out to the other side of the window pulling up a chair. "Better?"

"I mean he's still outside" Ian shrugs.

"Fine. What do you need Chuck?" Fry asks.

"I was wondering if I could be the babies babysitter" He says looking up at me hopeful.

"Sure why not." I tell him.

"Really?" He grins.

"Yeah why not." I smile. "Your meeting is soon when you get your job. I'll talk to Alby and Newt." 

"Yay! Thank you Vi!" He grins running off.

ו×

"Before we let the Greenie in we need to decide on his job" Alby says.

"Honestly I think he could be a Slopper. He can't really be any other job." Newt says.

I stand up. "Can I say something?" 

"Yeah, what do you need Vivian?" Newt asks.

"he wanted to know if he could be my babies babysitter while I'm working." I say.

Lot's of talking starts.

"A new job?"
"Why does he get a special job?"
"What the shuck?"
"The she-bean just favors him"

"SLIM IT!" Alby yells turning. "VIVIAN IS THE CHILDS SHUCKING MOTHER AND SHE GETS TO DECIDE WHATS BEST FOR IT"

"Thank you Alby"

"That could work. Have him as the Baby Shank Sitter.. He will be a Slopper and A Baby Shank Sitter. Sound good to everyone?" Newt asks.

Most of the boys agree the rest stay silent. 

"BRING THE GREEN-BEAN IN!" Alby calls.

Chuck walks in pale in the face and stands in the front.

"Chuck come into the middle" I tell him.

Chuck mumbles something then moves to the middle.

"Chuck's Keeper's stand up." Alby says. Both me and a boy I don't know stand up.

The boy speaks. "I'm  Logan the Keeper of the Sloppers. Since you are young you can't really fit any other jobs then Slopper."

Chuck nods like he expected it then he turns to look at me.

I speak. "I'm Vivian keeper of the Baby Shank Sitters. You will also be The Baby Shank Sitter. But that's only when my baby is born, for now your a Slopper. Even when my baby is born you will still have to help with chores just not as much."

Chuck grins. "Deal!" 

"Alright then Chuck you are now a BSS and a Slopper." Alby says. "Meeting dismissed"