1⋆˚₊•THE ARRANGEMENT•₊˚⋆

Hey sunshines!!!I hope you enjoy this story!!!❤️

[BOUN POV:]

Boun paced back and forth in his living room, his frustration mounting. At 28, he had built a successful career in finance, only to have his parents insist on arranging his marriage.

"Mom, Dad, I don't understand why this is necessary," Boun said, trying to keep his voice steady. "I'm perfectly capable of finding someone on my own."

His father, seated on the couch, sighed. "Boun, it's not just about you. This marriage is an opportunity for stability and respect. Prem's family is reputable, and he himself is accomplished."

Boun's mother joined in, her tone more soothing but firm. "Love can grow, Boun. Many couples start this way and find happiness together. You've always been practical. This marriage makes sense."

Boun shook his head, his frustration boiling over. "Practical? How is marrying a stranger practical? I always thought I'd marry for love."

His father leaned forward, his gaze intense. "You have always followed the path laid out for you, Boun. This is no different. Meeting Prem is the first step."

Boun rubbed his temples, feeling cornered. "Fine. I'll meet him. But I'm not promising anything."

[PREM'S POV:]

Prem sat at his small dining table, glaring at the invitation to meet Boun. His career as a graphic designer was flourishing, yet his family couldn't stop meddling in his personal life.

"Prem, this is for your own good," his mother insisted over the phone. "The Boun family is very interested. They are well-off and respectable. This marriage could secure your future."

Prem huffed, leaning back in his chair. "Mom, I've worked hard to be independent. Why can't I choose when and whom to marry?"

"Because, dear, in our society, connections and stability are crucial. This is not just about you; it's about our family, too."

Prem knew there was no winning this argument. He had always balanced his dreams with his family's expectations. "Alright, I'll meet him. But don't expect miracles."

[NO ONES POV:]

The restaurant was an elegant blend of modern chic and traditional charm. Boun arrived first, his annoyance clear in his stiff posture and tight expression. He glanced around, trying to appreciate the serene ambiance, but his mind was too preoccupied.

When Prem walked in, he too seemed less than thrilled to be there. His confident stride betrayed a hint of reluctance. As he approached the table, Boun stood up, forcing a polite smile.

"Boun, I presume?" Prem said, offering a curt nod instead of a handshake.

"Yes, and you must be Prem. Nice to meet you," Boun replied, his voice strained.

They sat down, the silence between them thick with tension. Finally, Boun broke the ice. "So, let's get this over with. I suppose we should discuss why we're here."

Prem shrugged, his expression indifferent. "Sure. Let's be honest about our expectations. I believe that's the best way to approach this."

[BOUN'S POV:]

Boun appreciated the straightforwardness but couldn't hide his irritation. "For me, this marriage is about fulfilling family expectations. But let's be clear: I think this entire situation is ridiculous. We're strangers, and I have no intention of pretending otherwise."

Prem raised an eyebrow, unfazed. "That's fine by me. I think this marriage is stupid, too. I'm only doing this to get my parents off my back."

Boun leaned forward, his tone sharp. "Good. Let's keep it that way. I don't want any illusions about this being something it's not. We're both here because we have to be, not because we want to be."

Prem smirked, his voice laced with sarcasm. "Glad we agree on something. I suppose we can tolerate each other for the sake of our families."

Boun's eyes narrowed. "Tolerate is a strong word. Let's just make it through the necessary appearances without making things harder than they need to be."

Prem's smirk faded, replaced by a look of mild annoyance. "You know, I expected this to be awkward, but I didn't expect you to be so...cold."

Boun's expression hardened. "I'm not here to make friends, Prem. I'm here because I don't have a choice. And the sooner we accept that, the easier this will be."

Prem leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Fine. But don't think for a second that I'm happy about this. You might be used to getting your way, but I won't be pushed around."

Boun's jaw clenched. "Just stick to the plan, and we'll get through this."

[NO ONES POV:]

Their conversation was filled with unspoken resentments and clashing expectations. Boun's irritation grew with every passing minute, feeling trapped in a situation he had no control over.

[TO BE CONTINUED]