10⋆˚₊•A RENUNION AND NEW DYNAMICS •₊˚⋆

[CONTINUATION]

[BOUN'S POV]

After our walk, Prem and I returned home, relieved that we had resolved our issues. The evening was tranquil, but as soon as we entered the house, the atmosphere changed.

Aunt Naree was the first to greet us. Her smile was anything but welcoming. "So you're back. Good to see you," she said, her eyes narrowing at Prem before shoving him aside and grabbing my arm.

Aunt Naree pulled me away from Prem and towards my mom. I glanced back and silently signaled Prem to wait. He gave me a strained smile and found a spot to sit.

"Naree?" my mom's voice cut through the tension. "What's this about?"

"Let's talk," Aunt Naree said, steering us to a quiet corner. We sat down, and I braced myself for what was coming.

"What's this about, Naree? If this is about Prem-" I began, but she interrupted me.

"Boun, do you remember your old childhood friend, Alyssa?"

"Yes, why? I haven't seen her in about ten years. Why bring her up now?" I asked, puzzled.

"She's a stunning woman, you know. You two had such great chemistry. Maybe you should consider reconnecting," she suggested with a smirk.

"What?! Naree, I have to remind you every year that this is ridiculous! I don't want to see Alyssa's mother, and Boun is married now. Accept it!" my mom snapped, standing up.

"Boun, dear, forget this nonsense. Go find your father and have him show you and Prem to your room for the night," my mother said, resuming her seat while locking eyes with her sister. I knew this was going to lead to more arguing later.

We exchanged goodnights, and I went to find Prem. He was on the couch, absorbed in his phone while everyone else mingled.

"Hey, Prem. Let's go find my dad to show us to our room," I said, touching his shoulder.

[PREM'S POV]

"Alright, let's go," I said, standing up and following Boun. I could tell from his expression that something unsettling had transpired with Naree, but I didn't want to pry.

"Do you know where my dad is?" Boun asked a relative.

"No, I don't, son. Why do you ask?" came the reply.

"My mom asked us to find him to get directions to our room. We know our way around, but we want to avoid accidentally walking into a room someone else might be using."

"Oh, I see. Well, you can come with me. I'll show you," the relative said.

He led us to the room, and we bid him goodnight as he returned downstairs to rejoin the family.

"I'm going to take a shower," I said.

"Hold on, let me just use the bathroom first," Boun said, heading to the bathroom.

I agreed and waited for him to finish.

[BOUN'S POV]

"There, I'm done. You can go ahead and shower," I told Prem, who headed into the bathroom.

Sitting on the bed, I suddenly realized I'd left my phone in the bathroom. "Did I leave it in there? Damn it..." I thought. The shower was running; Prem must be in there already.

"Forget it," I muttered, deciding to retrieve my phone.

I opened the bathroom door and was surprised to see Prem standing there with only a towel around his waist, apparently not yet in the shower.