8⋆˚₊•REBUILDING BRIDGES•₊˚⋆

[CONTINUATION]

[BOUN'S POV:]

Two hours had passed, and the silence in the car was deafening. I kept glancing in the mirror to check on Prem, but all I saw was him looking down at his lap, a sad expression on his face.

Did I mess things up? Something inside me liked what happened that night... but I was drunk, so I'm still angry about it. Was I too harsh on Prem? Maybe what happened that night wasn't entirely Prem's fault. I was drunk and crossing the limits too.

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to look at Ohm, who was driving. He glanced at me with curiosity.

"What is it, Boun? You look like you have something on your mind," Ohm said.

"Nothing. I just wanted to ask if we can take a break? Like, stop for some food?" I replied.

"Oh sure! No problem! Let me just find a place to go," Ohm said, pulling out his phone to search.

"Are you really going to use your phone while driving?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, of course. I'm responsible and not that stupid! It'll be fine, you'll live to see another day!" He laughed, patting my shoulder before continuing to search.

I settled back into my seat and looked at Prem through the mirror again. This time, I was just admiring him. He finally looked up from his lap and caught me staring. He quickly looked away and grabbed his phone, pretending to do something.

[PREM'S POV:]

During Ohm and Boun's conversation, I felt sad and guilty, disgusted with myself. Ever since yesterday night and this morning, what Boun said made me feel horrible.

I really am a disgusting man... just like my ex said...

I looked up and saw Boun staring at me through the mirror with an unreadable expression. I quickly looked away and grabbed my phone, pretending to be busy but really lost in my thoughts again.

Why is he staring at me? Does he hate me? Does he think I'm a disgusting slut?

[NO ONE'S POV:]

Boun finally looked away when he saw Prem turn to his phone with a face that looked scared. He then turned to Ohm, who was silently driving.

"Have you figured out a place?" Boun asked.

"Yeah, I have. It's a place outside with a nice view while eating. The ratings say it's good," Ohm replied with a smile. "Ohm, can I ask just out of curiosity, why were you at the villa?" Boun asked.

"Well, you know, the day you told me you were going there for your honeymoon, I actually had a plan to go there the same day because I wanted to go to this jewelry store nearby and buy a ring for someone special," Ohm said, smiling and blushing slightly at the last words.

"Oh, I see you, dude. Good for you," Boun said, chuckling, happy for his friend.

Ohm nodded and focused back on driving. The next few minutes were silent until Ohm finally announced they had arrived.

"We're here! Come on, guys!" Ohm said, parking the car outside a pretty place with a nice view and a decorated food truck.

Everyone got out of the car, Boun and Prem still keeping their distance. They walked towards the truck, ordered their food, and found a place to sit.

[BOUN'S POV:]

While walking, I saw Prem ahead and gently grabbed Ohm's shoulder to make him walk slower.

"What is it, Boun?" he asked, confused.

"Do you mind giving Prem and me some space to talk things out? I just want to make things right," I asked.