16⋆˚₊•Turmoil•₊˚⋆

[CONTINUATION]

[PREM'S POV:]

Packing wasn’t as awkward as I thought it would be, especially with everything that’s been going on. Boun and I both kept to ourselves, quietly folding clothes, gathering essentials, and getting our bags ready. It was nice to get away from the awkwardness for a while and focus on something else—even if that "something else" involved Alyssa.

I was still annoyed she was coming along, but I couldn’t lie, like I said I am excited for a break. Maybe this trip would fix things between Boun and me. Or at least...make it easier to be around him without that nagging feeling at the back of my mind.

Boun didn’t seem to be talking much either. We worked in silence, but it wasn’t tense—just one of those times where there wasn’t much to say. After we finished packing, it was the end of the day, and we both headed off to bed.
[NO ONE'S POV:]

The next morning was crisp, the sky gray with early morning clouds as Boun and Prem left the house. Each of them wheeled their luggage behind them, the quiet between them still there but not uncomfortable. The day ahead promised a long drive, and despite everything, there was a sense of excitement in the air.

The car ride was peaceful as they made their way to the location Boun’s mother had sent. When they pulled up, Alyssa was already there, standing near a sleek black van. Next to her was Boun and Prem’s mom, standing beside the car with a warm smile on her face.

“Good morning!” Boun’s mom greeted them cheerfully as they stepped out of the car. She motioned to the van. “This is the van that’ll take you to the resort. I’ve hired a close friend of mine to drive you.”

They gave their goodbyes, with both mothers kissing their sons on the cheek and telling them to have fun. After a final wave, the moms got in their car and drove off, leaving the three of them standing by the van.

Prem took a deep breath, feeling the weight of Alyssa’s presence already, but he wasn’t about to let her ruin this for him. The driver walked over to them and offered to load their luggage, but Prem shook his head. “I got it,” he said, brushing him off politely.

As Prem started loading the bags into the back of the van, Alyssa walked over to Boun. “Could you put my purse in the van, Boun?” she asked sweetly, holding out her bag. Without much thought, Boun nodded and took it, walking around to the other side of the van.

[PREM'S POV:]

I was just about to load the last bag when Alyssa brushed past me, hard enough to knock me off balance. My suitcase hit the ground with a thud, and I spun around, glaring at her. “What the hell, Alyssa? Are you serious right now? What’s your problem?”

She smirked, stepping closer so no one else could hear. “Oh, nothing,” she said, her voice low and filled with venom. “I’m just letting you know I’m going to make you feel like hell during this trip. You should really just divorce Boun already—he doesn’t want you.”

Her words hit me like a punch to the gut, but I refused to show it. Instead, I laughed, a bitter sound. “You think you’re gonna do something? Please, Alyssa. You’re pathetic. I’m going to fix things between me and Boun, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Her smirk faltered, and I could see the anger flare up in her eyes. She stepped closer and without warning, slapped me hard across the face. My cheek burned, and I instinctively raised my hand, ready to defend myself. But before I could say another word, she dropped to the ground, crying out and clutching her face.

[NO ONE'S POV:]

Alyssa’s sudden cries drew Boun’s attention as he rounded the corner of the van. His eyes widened in shock as he saw her on the ground, holding her face, tears already streaming down her cheeks.

“What happened?!” Boun rushed over, his voice thick with panic. He looked between Alyssa, now sobbing, and Prem, standing there with his hand raised and a look of disbelief on his face.

Boun’s expression darkened as he turned to Prem, anger rising in his chest. “What the hell is wrong with you, Prem? Why would you do that?!”

Prem stood there, stunned. “Boun, I didn’t touch her! I swear to you, I didn’t!”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Boun snapped. “What the hell were you thinking, Prem?” He bent down to help Alyssa up, pulling her into his arms as she continued to cry.

[PREM'S POV:]

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Alyssa was putting on the performance of her life, and Boun wasn’t even questioning it. He wouldn’t listen to me, no matter how hard I tried.

“I didn’t touch her, Boun. I swear to you, I didn’t!” I was shaking with frustration now, my voice pleading. But Boun didn’t even look at me.

This trip was supposed to be a chance for us to fix things. Now it felt like everything was falling apart, and we hadn’t even left yet.

[CONTINUATION]

Well this chapter was kinda trash😭enjoy!