Evening

When Alastor called us into the kitchen to eat, I was a lot wiser about the history and structure of Hell, thanks to Angel, and a lot tipsier, thanks to Husk and his amazing cocktails. In the kitchen we were greeted by a delicious smell that made my stomach growl and a visibly proud Alastor taking off his apron.

We all sat down at the surprisingly beautifully decorated table and handed our plates to Alastor. Vaggie eyed the delicious smelling food skeptically:

"You don't plan to poison us, do you?" "Haha, no! Why would I do that, my dear?", he laughed then, but I couldn't help but see a hurt expression briefly cross his face. "Vaggiiiiie, he went to the extra trouble of cooking. You can at least try it, right?" Charlie tried to scare away the bad mood that was emerging.

Vaggie shrugged and picked up her fork. I also took my cutlery and tried not to eat too quickly; I hadn't realized how hungry I was because of all the talking. It tasted amazing, I've been a big fan of spicy foods since I was a kid and Alastor's jambalaya had just the right amount of chili. I felt Alastor's expectant gaze on me from the other end of the table and smiled at him.

"The food is great, I didn't expect you to be so good at cooking!", I praised him and saw how his face brightened: "I'm very happy, my dear! It was very important to my mother that I learn to cook and her recipe for jambalaya is still legendary!".

"Aren't you eating anything Al?" Charlie asked and I also noticed that Alastor was the only one who didn't have a plate in front of him. "Don't worry Charlotte, I made a good catch today that I'll cook later. I haven't had an octopus in a long time..." he grinned even wider while Charlie gave him a disturbed look.

"Speaking of later,", I changed the subject, ",where can I sleep?". Charlie sighed: "I completely forgot to mention this, but we don't have a free room right now. You know, I haven't had the hotel long and we've only managed to renovate a few rooms. So... unfortunately you have to sleep in one of our rooms."

"Uh, no problem. Who can I sleep with?" I asked, surprised. I blushed, I had only known everyone here for a few hours and was already supposed to share a room with them? "Unfortunately there's no more room in mine and Vaggies, how about you Husk?" "Over my dead body."

"And yours, Angel?" "Sorry, nothing personal, but how about you crash at Smiles? I need my beauty sleep, you know." "It's only for one night, tomorrow we can definitely prepare a room so that it's habitable." Charlie said, giving Alastor puppy eyes.

"Very well, if that's okay with you, my dear. I trust you won't mess anything up." Alastor said and I nodded: "I don't know you that well yet, but you saved me, I assume that I can trust you." "If you're not mistaken..." Husk grumbled.

"Maybe you'll find out what Smiles does in there at night," said Angel, leaning down conspiratorially to me: "Sometimes you hear noises from up there that sound like there's a distressed, injured animal in there. Maybe he's torturing people in there or something, he's capable of that." A cold shiver ran down my spine.

We ate and talked for a while, I found out that Alastor and I both had a passion for jazz, endured a hug-filled crying attack from Charlie when I told her I supported her hotel idea, and ate 3 plates of jambalaya.

As I began to realize how tired I was, Alastor stood up: "It's getting late, I suggest we all retire to our rooms so that tomorrow we can all be fresh and alert for the activities that our dear Charlotte is planning for planned tomorrow."

"Oh yeah, tomorrow we'll definitely do a big round of introductions so we can all get to know each other better!" Charlie said excitedly, "We'll meet here tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., don't be late!"