Your support is enough...

21/09/2024
Saturday

It was our last exam today for the quarterly examination and it was accounting. I had to score a centum if not I knew the consequences. I had written the exam well. Currently I was sitting on the wide stairs that led to the ground of our school. I munched on chips in my hand and stared at the brownie that Moosa just left me with. He was playing cricket. He was a great player. I have always had an interest in cricket but I wasn't so sure about everything related to it. Dad used to play cricket a lot.

The only thing I like a lot is the IPL. I love it. I have always supported Chennai Super Kings while Dad supported Royal Challengers Bangalore. It gets more intense when finals are between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings. Because he supports Bangalore in that and they never win. It's 2024. They hadn't won yet. I wonder if they ever will. But now that Dad is not here anymore, I want them to win. I want to feel his happiness in me.

Sweat beads rolled down Moosa's face as he washed his face in the tap water and tried to catch his breathing as he slowly came up to me. He wiped his face with a towel and drank water from the bottle.

"Should I become a cricketer, Tani?"

I munch on the chips, silently gazing at him. I didn't know the answer. I mean, can he? Of course he has connections and choices. It is not hard for him but at the same time if he doesn't play well he has to get ready for rotten tomatoes and eggs.

"What?" He asks again. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Like what?" I raised my brows.

"Like you fell in love with my eyes." He smirks. His overconfidence never fails to amaze me. He keeps himself high. Like he is the most handsome boy on the campus. He is  a little good looking though.

"Shut up, Moo." I looked back at the empty ground. It was nearly four in the evening and there was a lazy sun peeking at us. He giggled and gazed at the ground. "Genuinely I wanna know…"

"About what?"

If I should fall in love with you?

"If I take Cricket as my career?"

I coughed and drank water as my thoughts were killing me before he could. I was the one wrong here. I was raising my expectations.

"Is it possible?" I asked, distracting my mind. "I mean, keeping in mind the fact that you are a royal heir."

"Dad won't pressurize me into things I don't want."

"You are blessed." He smiles. "It always seems that way that the other person is blessed."

"You are right." I nodded, though I had nothing to what he had but I am thankful and grateful enough to everything my life revolved around. Even my mother. Yeah abusive but my mother is my blood. She bore me for 9 months in her womb and that's enough for me to look after her. A violence activist can argue with a wall for standing up against my mother but she can't argue more unless she becomes a mother herself. I will look after my mother no matter how she makes me feel. She is mine after all and I don't get second chances in taking care of her in my lifetime.