Chapter Six

The First Apperance

I spot Harry and another redhead boy leaving their train cart. I quickly write a sorry to him and hello to the friend. "Ron, this is my sister Hally. Hal, this is Ron," he says as we get off the train together. I wave hello to Ron wondering if he is related to the twins, but I am not able to verbalize this or write it down in time.

It is now nighttime at the station. The train blows its whistle as we, students, get off. "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" We hear Hagrid as he talks. We spot him walking along the side aisle with a lantern. People, in their robes, begin pouring out of the train. Most people ignore him and go elsewhere, meaning they are not first years. We follow Hagrid and walk up to him.

"Hello, Harry, Hally." Hagrid says, leading us somewhere. I wave smiling big at the pretty scenery. Harry says hello, and Ron's jaw drops at the giant man. "Right then. This way, to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid says. "Four to a boat," he explains as us three sit down in a boat on a lake.

A girl with bushy brown hair joins us, asking if it's alright that she sits with us. We all agree, and she joins us and sits in the boat with us. "Hally, this is Hermoine, Hermione. This is my sister Hally," Harry introduces. "We met her on the train, we'll talk about that later," He adds, looking st me to let me know he is curious where I ended up. I smiled big to him before turning my attention to Hagrid.

We go across a vast lake, where up ahead there is a huge castle known as the Hogwarts Castle, as I was told by the twins earlier. Everyone stares in awe. "Wicked," Ron says, voicing almost evryones thoughts. We continue on further towards the castle, everyone still in awe. After docking all of our boats, we are helped out, and from there, we walk in the castle and up the huge staircase. A lady stands at a higher level waiting for us.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house, with the most points, is awarded the house cup." She greets us, walking a little closer to the group of us.

A scared looking boy spots a toad sitting near the professional looking lady, who I can assume is Professor McGonagall from what the twins told me. The boy jumps forward. "Trevor!" He shouts, catching the toad who must be his. Professor McGonagall stares down at him as some of the students laugh.

"Sorry." The boy says, backing away in emmbasment as he holds the toad he grabbed. I smile at him, hoping to make him feel better. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Professor McGonagall says before she leaves to go into two large doors leading somewhere.

A young, evil looking boy with short blonde hair speaks, grabbing our attention. "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He says, making the crowd whisper different phrases of "Harry Potter?" And "Wait, where's Hally Potter?"

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He says, introducing himself and his friends beside him. Ron snickers, making me frown at him, but the blond, Draco, retaliates.

"Think my name's funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco says, taunting Ron as he extends a hand for Harry. He confirmed my earlier thoughts of if he was the twins little brother.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry says, making Draco glare at him. Progessor McGonagall returns and taps Draco with a paper on the shoulder. "We're ready for you now. Follow me." She says, leading us through two large doors leading to the Great Hall.

There are four long tables with thousands of students, each table housing a different house. There are also floating candles, and the roof appears to be the sky. "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermoine explains. I Oo and awe at the enchanting and enchanted ceiling, looking at the unbelievably pretty ceiling.

Professor McGonagall leads us first years to the front where the Sorting Hat lies on the stool. "All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." Professor McGonagall says to us. An old man, who I assume is Professor Dumbledore, rises from the main table.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. In the first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch," Professor Dumbledore announces before drawing attention to a ragged old man holding a cat with red eyes. "has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He finishes before sitting down.

I look around amazed by the beauty of everything as Professor McGonagall stands back up and gathers everyone's attention before speaking.