Chapter Two

The Day Everything Changed

One stormy night, at a tall house on a rock island somewhere random at sea. The Dursleys, including the twins, have moved there due to the chaos with the letters.

The family is sleeping. Dudley is asleep on the sofa as Harry and Hallt lay on the cold, dirty floor. Hally has drawn a birthday cake, which reads, Happy Birthday, Harry&Hally. Harry leans over to look at Dudley's watch as they wait for midnight. The watch beeps signaling 12:00, "Happy birthday, Winnie, happy birthday to us," Harry says

Hally rubs her shoulder with his lovingly before letting him wipe away the "candals" on the drawn cake.

Suddenly, the door thumps, in sync with the thunder flashing. The twins jump, and Hally flinches. The door thumps again, and all three kids jump up and back away.

Harey gently shoves Hallt into the furthest corner before shielding her and hiding too.

Dudley cowers on a windowsill. Petunia and Vernon appear, with Vernon holding a double barrel gun.

"Who's there?! Ahh!" Vernon shouts as the door bangs again before collapsing.

A giant man appears into their view before apologizing for the door. He puts it back up as Vernon aims the gun at him. "I demand that you leave at once, sir! You are breaking and entering!" He says, attempting to order the kuch bigger man.

Petunia gasps in fear as Hagrid grabs the gun and bends it upwards. "Dry up, Dursley, you great prune." Hagrid says as the gun fires, making Hally flinches big time.

The gun blasts a hole in the ceiling, causing the two adults to shriek in fear. Hagrid notices Dudley. "Mind, I haven't seen you since you was a baby, Harry. But yer a bit more along than I would have expected. Particularly 'round the middle." He says before immediately asking where Hally is frightening the adults.

"I-I-I'm not Harry." Dudley stutters, making Harry reveal himself as Hally fearfully stays. "I-I am." Harry says, stuttering a little.

"Well, of course you are! Got somethin' for yeh. 'Fraid I might have sat on it at some point, but I imagine it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Now where's yer little sister," Hagrid asks, pulling out a box.

Hally reveals herself shakingly as Hagrid reveals a cake, "Baked it myself, words and all. Heh." He says proudly, making Hally smile slightly. Harry grins widely, taking it. The twins read the cake, "Happee Birthdae Harry and Hally," in green frosting.

"Thank you!" Harry exclaims as Hally pushes herself forward and hugs the giant. Hagrid hugs little Hally back gently, "It's not every day that yer youngins turns 11, now is it? Aye?" He responds.

Hally leads Hagrid to the sofa and offers him a seat. He takes it before he takes out an umbrella and points it at the empty fire. Two sparks fly out of the umbrella and start a fire. The Dursley family gasps.

Hally sits next to him, watching the fireplace in amazement as Harry sits the cake down. "Excuse me, just who are you?" Harry asks. "Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. O' course, yeh'll know all about Hogwarts." He answers.

That grabs Hallys attention as she recognizes the word "hogwarts" for the letters of what she could read. Harry frowns a little, "Sorry, no." He says. Hagrid's face turns to shock, "No? Blimey, Harry, didn't you ever wonder where yer mum and dad learned it all?" Hagrid asks, turning his attention to the little boy.

"Learned what?" Harry asks, confused. "Yer a wizard, Harry. Ya are too Hally," Hagrid says, noticing he finally gained Hally's attention. The two look confused as Harry verbalized his confusion, "I-I'm a what?"

Hagrid looks between the two, "A wizard. And a thumping good one, I'd wager, once yer trained up little." Hagrid attempts to explain.

Harry shakes his head no, "No, you've made a mistake. I mean, I can't be... a-a wizard. I mean, I'm just... Harry. Just Harry." Hally nods, confirming his statements.

"Well, just Harry. Did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared?" The twins' expressions soften, "Ah."

Dudley whimpers. Hagrid hands thw twins the same letters that they were sent before. Hally quickly opens hers and reads through it swiftly as Harry slowly reads his aloud, "Dear, Mr. Potter. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Hally's smile widens more than the family has ever seen as Vernon turns to Hagrid. "They will not be going, I tell you! We swore when we took them in, we'd put a stop to all this rubbish!" He shouts at the giant.

Harry turns to him, "You knew? You knew all along, and you never told me?" He rages softly.

Petunia answers him, "Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. "We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful?" I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter. And then she had you, and I knew you would be the same. It's just as strange, just as... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up! And we got landed with you."

Harry rages harder, "Blown up? You told me my parents died in a car crash!" Hagrid tunes in, "A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?!" He shouts. Hally flinches, making him turn his voice down. "We had to say something." Petunia tries to justify.

"It's an outrage! It's a scandal!" Hagrid softly shouts as Hally wishes she could thank him. While they argue, Dudley grabbed their cake.

Vernon sternly tells them they won't be going. Hagrid laughs, "Oh-ho-ho, and I suppose a great muggle like yerself's goin' to stop him, are yeh?" Harry leans towards him and asks the meaning of the word muggle. "Non-magic folk." He says calmly to the boy before instantly turning back to the adults.

"They've had their name talked about ever since they were born. He's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and he'll be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen: Albus Dumbledore." Hagrid says as Dudely eats their cake.

Vernon shouts, "I will not pay to have some crackpot old fool teach him magic tricks!"

Hagrid whips out his umbrella and points it at Vernon threateningly. "NEVER. INSULT. ALBUS DUMBLEDORE. IN FRONT OF ME." He shouts at the absuvie man.

Hagrid finally sees Dudley eating Harry's cake and aims his umbrella at his buttock. He fires a magic spark at it, causing a pig's tail to grow.

Dudley screams, The Dursleys shriek in both fright and horror as they run off out of sight. The twins laugh at this, and so does Hagrid.

Hagrid turns to the twins, "Oh, um, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that. Strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic." He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

The twins jod agreeing as Hagrid checks his pocket watch, "Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Bes' be off." He says, leading the twins outside. "Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?" He says, making the twins smile wide again before grabbing their jackets and joining Hagrid on their journey to London.