Pilot: Part 1

"Shall we?" Rip says with a smirk.

We start to walk onto the ship and me, Sara, and Snart are walking together. Both Stein and Ray are ahead talking about science stuff. We make it to a more open room with chairs. 

"So, you two are assassins?" Snart asks. 

"That's pretty direct." Sara says. 

"Yes, which means if you don't stop staring at Sara's ass, her and I know several ways to cut your eyeballs out. Names Sam Miller, by the way." I say with a smirk, extending my hand out for him to shake. 

"Snart, pleasure." He says, shaking my hand. 

After our introductions, we enter a more open room with chairs, the Bridge as Rip calls it. I look around taking in all the advanced structure.  

"How does a vessel of this size function without a crew?" Stein inquires. 

"Oh, I don't need one. I have Gideon." Rip responds. 

A holographic head appears at the center console.  

Welcome aboard. I am Gideon, an interactive artificial consciousness programmed to operate this vessel's critical systems and aid Captain Hunter in his mission. 

"Captain?" Snart remarks. 

"Gideon's been working on helping me locate Vandal Savage." Rip tells us, ignoring Snart's comment. 

"I thought you said he's pretty active in the 22nd century." Ray says confused. 

"Perhaps engaging Savage at the height of his powers isn't the best strategy." Stein states. 

"Indeed. Unfortunately, Savage has kept his movements hidden throughout history. Not even Gideon can determine where and when we can find him. But I have the next best thing: the man who can. Professor Aldus Boardman. Professor Boardman is the world's leading.. well, only.. expert on Vandal Savage. We're gonna pay him a little visit." Rip explains.  

Course plotted for St. Roch, New Orleans. October 17th, 1975.  

"I suggest you all strap yourselves in. Temporal navigation isn't something one wants to be standing up for." Rip says pulling his harness over. 

Everyone moves to a seat, mine is between Sara and Ray. We pull our straps down and look to Rip. 

"Time travel. Cool" Mick says. 

"Some of you may experience some slight discomfort. In very rare instances, there will be some, uh, bleeding from the eyeballs." Rip mutters the last part. 

"That's comforting." I whisper. 

"The human body is used to time unfolding linearly." Rip explains. 

The ship takes off and Jackson starts to wake. Let's just say he was not thrilled that he was drugged, kidnapped, and brought on a mission he didn't want to go on. After a couple of comments around the room and the addition of my sniggers and eye roll, Rip tries to calm us.  

"Just hang on and remain calm. All your worlds are about to change." He says.

The ship shakes and then a flash appears and we're in the sky again. Once we land, Ray immediately stands up, Mick vomits, Ray falls and I laugh at him, and Stein is blind, well more so than he already is. 

"Hey, I want to go home." Jax says. 

"Good news, then. 2016 will be around in, uh, 41 years. Now, you 4, feel free to make yourselves comfortable back here on the ship, while the rest of you are coming with me to find Professor Boardman." Rip says moving on.