Chapter Six

The signs of Greenleaf were showing. Robins were singing, leafs were beginning to come back on trees, and the snow had started to melt, leaving dead grass patches and fields.

Maplepaw, Dapplepaw, Goldenpaw, Brightpaw Dancingpaw were going into the forest to catch some prey for the fresh kill pile. It was only less than a moon before their apprentice tests. Also, it was the easiest time of year to catch prey. The animals were weak and vulnerable because they didn't have enough food from Leafbare.

"We should split into pairs." Maplepaw suggested.

"I choose Dancingpaw" Goldenpaw said without thinking.

"Okay." said Dapplepaw "I'll go with Maplepaw."

Maplepaw smiled at Dapplepaw and announced "We'll go into to the forest, you guys can go along the edge of the forest."

Without another word, Maplepaw and Dapplepaw started to walk into the forest. Before long they stopped at the edge of a field filled with dead grass. Dapplepaw stopped and crouched lower to the ground and then sprinted across the field and hit a rock.

"Oops." Dapplepaw mewed, embarrassed.

"Are you joking, that was awesome. I wish I had a power like you." said Maplepaw

"It's okay, Maplepaw. Come on, let's go catch some prey." Dapplepaw yelled.

Maplepaw took one step onto the dead grass and automatically felt weird. She looked at her feet and saw the dead grass around her turn bright green.

She hopped alternating feet with all of the grass she stepped on green. Dapplepaw laughed so hard she fell over.

When Maplepaw took comfort on a rock, she asked."What was that?"

"I think you have a power!" Dapplepaw said with glee.

"Really! Oh my gosh! Yay! But what is my power? Turning grass green?" mewed Maplepaw sarcastically.

"Hmm, maybe you have healing powers. You are healing the dead grass, right. Still at least, we get to supposedly save the Clans together." Dapplepaw said.

"Ya, this is awesome. Let's go tell Petalstar!" Maplepaw yelled with glee.

Maplepaw and Dapplepaw ran back to the camp with excitement at the thought that they have powers and would save the Clans together.