Prologue

The moon shone brightly through the night as a silvery she-cat padded through the forests of StarClan. Suddenly, there was a rustle of leaves and another silvery figure padded up to join her.

"Springwillow!" called the cat.

The young she-cat turned and saw the glittering figure in front of her.

"Greetings Cherrystar," she murmured as she dipped her head.

Cherrystar smiled and mewed "I have an important task for you."

Springwillow's ears pricked up as she turned her head and said "What is it?"

"Follow," murmured Cherrystar with a flick of her tail.

The two she-cats padded through the forest in silence until they reached a shining pool of water. There was a perfectly shaped, smooth rock that led to the edge of StarClan.

"It's beautiful," Springwillow breathed.

"Yes it is, this is the Pool of Dreams," mewed Cherrystar. "This is where you can connect with the living warriors and share dreams with them."

Springwillow cocked her head.

"Why did you bring me here?" she murmured.
"I have a prophecy for you to share with LeafClan. There will be two, two of each clan who will have the power of the stars to save them all."

"What do I do?" Springwillow asked nervously.

"Just put lay down on the rock in the middle of the pool, close your eyes then think of who you want to speak with. This time, you must speak with Featherfall, LeafClan's medicine cat. Do you understand?" mewed Cherrystar.

"Yes, I'm ready," replied Springwillow.

The silvery cat leapt into the middle of the pool and landed right on the smooth rock. Then, she lay down and closed her eyes to transfer the prophecy to Featherfall.