III.

OMNISCIENT
[ mon, june 10th... 5:47 AM ]
Ellery Apartments

"YOU SURE youn' wanna stay? I can take you ta' the airport in a lil' bit," Khalil spoke while being positioned on his elbow into the mattress as he sat up, looking at Symone through his locs

"YOU SURE youn' wanna stay? I can take you ta' the airport in a lil' bit," Khalil spoke while being positioned on his elbow into the mattress as he sat up, looking at Symone through his locs. The dress that was once pooled at her ankles merely hours before was back on her body, now felt like a second skin as she adjusted the straps to compose herself.

"You know if I stay, I'm missing my sisters wedding," Symone's laughter echoed softly through the loft as she descended the staircase, her hair swept up in a high ponytail. Khalil leaned casually against the railing, his gaze fixed on her with a mixture of amusement and curiosity.

Looking up, she was met with a smirk tugging on the corner of his lips. "Is that so bad? Send shorty a gift asumn',"

"I am not sending my sister a gift for missing her wedding. That's tacky, Lil'." she teased, slipping her shoes on one by one. "As tempting as that sounds, I've got a flight to catch and I'm not missin' it 'cause you just want some more. That's not how this works."

Khalil chuckled softly at Symone's teasing tone, his gaze lingering on her as she slipped her shoes on. He could sense the playful banter between them, tinged with a hint of lingering desire and reluctance to part ways so soon.

"Aight, Aight," Khalil replied with a grin, raising his hands in mock surrender. "I hear you loud and clear. No more convincing. Go catch that flight and don't that wedding. Wouldn't want her to think you ditched her for me."

Symone laughed, a warm sound that filled the space between them. She adjusted her purse on her shoulder and turned to face him fully, holding onto the doorknob but not yet pulling it open.

"I'll see you later," Symone waved him off.

"Don't be a stranger, lil' girl. Send a nigga a bikini picture asumn." Khalil reached the bottom of the stairs, his body dressed with tattoos from his neck all the way down to the bottom of his stomach. His shorts tugging on his V-line.

"You wish," she teased, a mischievous glint in her eye. "You'll just have to remember me as I am."

His tattoos glistened in the soft morning light, his casual demeanor belying the intensity she had felt just hours before.

"I guess I'll have to settle for that," he replied with a wink, his tone playful yet tinged with a hint of regret. "But seriously, take care of yourself out there, Symone. And hit me up when you're back in town."

Symone nodded, her smile genuine as she felt a twinge of warmth for Khalil. "I will."

Khalil's expression softened, a hint of something deeper flickering in his eyes. "Anytime, Symone. Don't die onnat plane. I ain't playin' witchu eitha'."

"Nigga, whatever." She rolled her eyes.

With a final wave, Symone stepped out of the apartment and closed the door behind her, making her way just across the hall to hers.