VIII.

𝓢𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐒
[ fri... june 15th '2:49 PM']
Loading Dock

AFTER THE GROUP had gotten themselves together, they all made their way to the loading dock where the boat was waiting for the arrival

"Welcome Hicks party. My name is Auguste and a I'll be your captain for the day." The man introduces himself to the group as they all nod and says their 'nice to meet you's'.

Before anyone could say anything further, Saylor steps infront of the group with her straw crafted bag and hat.

"Alright, y'all, I need everyone on their best behavior today," Saylor announced, flashing a smile. She clutched her woven bag, glancing around the group with a look of authority. "No drama, no fights. We're here to enjoy this."

Symone rolled her eyes, adjusting her sunglasses. "Tell yourself that." She mumbled.

"Yeah, you act like we didn't just have brunch," Lyric added in, lightly shoving Rilo, who was still wearing a slightly annoyed expression. "We're good."

As they filed onto the boat, there was a scream toward the front. Everyone rushed to Saylor as she was in the middle of an emotional embrace with a familiar looking male. Once he had placed her back on the ground, Simone instantly recognized him to be a family friend she hasn't seen in years.

Symone blinked, watching them as Saylor wrapped her arms around the guy's neck, laughing like they hadn't just seen each other. It took her a moment, but as he turned to face the group, the recognition hit her.

"Carter?" Symone asked, tilting her head as she stepped forward.

Carter grinned, his eyes lighting up when he saw her. "Damn, New York did you good, Sy-Sy."

It had been years since they'd all been in the same space. Carter had been a close family friend, practically like a brother to Saylor and a best friend to Symone growing up. Symone hadn't seen him in a while since she moved out of state, but judging by the way Saylor was clutching his arm, they were clearly still close.

"What are you doing here?" Symone asked, him pulling her into a hug.

"I invited him. But, you weren't supposed to be here for another three days." Saylor beamed, looking over at him.

"Who's this luxurious looking nigga?" Josiah looked over his all black glasses as they all watched Carter drag Symone deeper into the boat and sit away from the rest of the group.

"Carter. He like Symones bestfriend since they was kids and an older brother to Saylor." Makai shrugged, flopping his towel on one of the many couches.

"He been tryna get with her since we was together. That ain't no best friend shit." Azire urged him from afar as every word that seemed to come out of his mouth made Symone laugh and giggle.