VII.

𝓢𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐒
[ fri... june 15th '10:23 AM']
BOTANICA Garden Cafe

"I THOUGHT YOU picked your wedding song already?" Lyric sipped her caramel frappe while everyone sat around the circle table with all the girls

"I THOUGHT YOU picked your wedding song already?" Lyric sipped her caramel frappe while everyone sat around the circle table with all the girls. It was early and the girls didn't feel like eating home so they found a restaurant to feed their early morning cravings. Saylor was debating on her wedding song for the twentieth time while the rest of them were battling hangovers.

Not like either Symone or Azire had gotten an ounce of sleep since yesterday.

Symone rubbed her temples, the headache from the previous night still lingering. She had spent the entire night tossing and turning. It didn't help that the conversation at the table had turned to wedding songs, the one thing Saylor couldn't seem to settle on.

"I did pick a song, but I wanted to change it," Saylor explained, stirring her iced coffee. "I'm not sure to what though... the one we picked just doesn't feel right anymore."

Lyric chuckled. "Girl, at this rate, you're going to be walking down the aisle to silence."

Saylor looked at her while the table laughed. "This is serious! The song sets the whole mood for the ceremony. It has to be perfect."

"You know," Symone finally said, trying to distract herself from her headache. "Maybe you should pick something that feels more personal. You and Kai have your little love story, and the song should reflect that."

Saylor tilted her head, considering the suggestion. "That's true... but I feel like there's so much pressure to make it a crowd-pleaser. I don't want people to think it's too cheesy or too sensual."

"Well, all I know is Kai better be shedding some tears before I have to smack them outta him." Rilo sipped on her Apple Bottom wine in a glass as they all laughed.

Saylor gasped. "Symone! You had the most beautiful song that you wanted to walk down the aisle to.. what was it again? It was a Kehlani song." Saylor sat and thought while Symones heart dropped.

Even though it's been some years and she couldn't gate away a song but it was human decency to not use your sisters song she was going to walk down the aisle to.

Kehlani's voiced mixed perfectly with the melody, the lyrics that once reminisced with her and Azire's love— every detail of that moment when they had figured it out played in her mind like it was yesterday.

"Found it," She looked on her phone. "It was 'Nights Like This'. But, instrumental right?"

"Saylor, that's not a good idea." Lyric was stuck, so was Rilo that she would even consider stealing her sisters song.

"Why not? It's such a beautiful song. I love her voice too." Saylors eyebrows raised.

Symone's chest tightened as she forced herself to stay silent, but inside, her emotions were spiraling. She remembered every word of that song, how she and Azire had chosen it together, imagining it as the soundtrack to their future. The melody wasn't just beautiful; it was a symbol of what they'd had—and lost.