Chapter One

I was jogging to the spot where I met my 'pack' as I call them; I would look over my shoulder every so often to make sure I wasn't being followed, even though it never happened before it doesn't mean it would happen now. I finally reach the dimly lit tunnel that lead to the room that we all meet up at twice a week, sometimes more if there was something important to talk about. When I got there, Michael was sitting on the highest rock inside the cave, his head almost touching the ceiling, and talking to DJ who was below him.

 "'Sup, nerds." I said suddenly, making them jump. I smirked.

 "Hey, little lioness," Michael replied, and DJ nodded his head to show his acknowledgement, though he rolled his eyes at Michael's comment. I tensed up as I heard a noise, but relaxed when I realized it was Lydia. I walked over to the rock in the middle of the room that I'd claimed as mine to sit on.

 "I have something tell you all, as soon as everyone else gets here," I say seriously.

 Suddenly the noise of voices bursts through the tunnels and into the room and the rest of the gang appear before us; they start scattering to their usual places.

 "My dad is forcing me into an arranged marriage with Brady," I explained, seeing everyone's expressions change to shock.

 "Brady's a douche, and don't you hate him?" Lydia pointed out.

"I know," I replied,"My father thinks he is best suited for me, considering he's the son of my father's most trusted adviser."

 "Well, this sucks." Roger muttered.

 "They can't make you do this!" Michael exclaimed aggressively.

 "They kind of can, considering he's my dad, and the tribal leader.." I remarked.

 "Shouldn't you marry someone for love," DJ asked with a raised eyebrow.

 "That's what I said, but all he wants is me to add the population. He doesn't care; he was pretty much just like 'No, I'm your father and leader of this tribe, you'll listen to me.'" I replied in a huff, "Let's just phase now."

 Everyone nodded to show their approval. I got down on all fours and could feel my body spazzing as usual; I winced as the cracking of bones echoed throughout the cave, but It didn't hurt, the noise just grossed me out. I looked up as I completed shifting.

'Ok, let's go,' I spoke in the mind link we shared.

 I don't know why we had a mind link with each other, usually only members of your tribe had one. I couldn't speak in my tribes mind link, and the others couldn't either. We didn't know about our mind link until someone had said something to themselves in it and we were all startled, so we met at this tunnel I had discovered and we quickly became friends.

 I started running, with the others following close behind me. We explored the system of tunnels until we eventually got tired. Today, we had only discovered a room full of crystals, and ran back to the cave we started in. We all shifted back to our human forms, and I pulled out the large piece of paper from behind a rock and spread it across a flat stone. I laid small rocks on each end to keep it weighed down and everyone crowded around to watch me draw in the room we'd discovered today, as we always did. We'd acquired a pretty large map.

 I let out a sigh as I realized I would have to go back to my tribe soon, and Brady. It wasn't that Brady was unattractive, honestly he had to have been the most attractive guy in the tribe, it's just that his personality was the least attractive thing about him. He was rude, arrogant, and spiteful. I started walking down the familiar path and let my mind wonder.