Chapter Five

I was sitting in our tunnel system trying to think about what I was going to do about Roger and Michael. They had been getting into a lot of arguments lately.

"Nala," I heard a voice whisper to me.

"Yes," I said turning around and seeing Michael's sparkling blue eyes.

"Wanna go explore?" He asked a smirk playing on his lips, and I nodded my head as I took his hand. I allowed him to lead my through the tunnels, until we reached a pitch black room with the only light coming from the ceiling. I looked up and let out a gasp. The cave ceiling looked exactly like the night sky.

Michael's Point Of View~

I looked down and smiled at the childlike wonder in Nala's eyes. It was no doubt that she was gorgeous, with her long curly brunette hair that if you looked at it for a long time you would notice that it faded to a rose gold. She also had the most stunning grey eyes, that looked like storm clouds when she was angry. I loved the way her eyebrows would crinkle when she was confused. I was completely sure that I was falling for this girl, and I knew that Roger was too.

"We should probably get back to the others," Nala said, sounding almost like she wanted to stay here for a little while longer.

I nodded my head," You know we could come back here whenever we want, it'll be our secret place." She started smiling and we started to walk back to the first room. I smiled as I felt Nala slip her hand in mine. A couple of minutes later we had reached the others. They all looked at us, and Roger started scowling at our entwined hands. Lydia however had a smirk playing across her face. I noticed that Nala was blushing and I smiled down at her.

Nala's Point of View~

I had realized that I must have been as red as Rudolph's nose. I met Jenna's eyes and she smiled and winked at me. Daisi just shook her head laughing softly, while DJ waggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at them though a smile was tugging at my lips.

"O, let's get down to business," I said my face becoming serious. "How long do you think we have until we can leave and where do you want to go?"

"I dunno," DJ said.

"Uhhhh," was all Michael had to offer.

"How about a secluded place in California, it's not relatively far, only a few hours away as we live in Kansas," Lydia suggested and we all nodded our heads in agreement.
"We could leave in two to three weeks," Jenna offered.
"Ok, that's all we have for today, we should probably head back." I said. Everyone nodded and started making their way back to their tribes.