Chapter Three

Maplepaw, Dapplepaw, Riverpetal and Hawkripple set off towards the FireClan border. Soon they were at the border.

Maplepaw and Hawkripple walked right into FireClan's territory like nothing was wrong when Riverpetal screeched "What are you cats doing walking right in there and asking them is not going to work."

Maplepaw blushed, forgetting about Riverpetal's power.

Riverpetal then calmly said "We will use Dapplepaw's plan. Wait until a patrol comes which should not be long then ask to speak to Flamestar."

Dapplepaw blushed too and said "Thank's Riverpetal. We should still say on our side so we do not cause a fight."

The cats walked over to nearby rocks and waited till a patrol came.

In the distance, Maplepaw saw a patrol coming and announced "They're coming!"

The cats got up and and walked up to the edge of the border. Springcloud and Darksun, warriors of Fireclan, then came closer and closer.

Suddenly, Darksun hissed "What are you doing here!"

Riverpetal then calmly mewed "We don't want to fight, we just want to speak to your leader about the prophecy involving all the Clans."

Springcloud mewed "Okay, follow us."

When they walked through the camp Maplepaw could feel the cold stares of the Fireclan cats graze her pelt. Maplepaw just looked at the ground until she heard a big voice booming. It was Flamestar's.

"What are you cats doing here."

"We're here to talk to you about the prophecy involving all the clans." Dapplepaw shyly mewed.

"Fine, Follow me." Flamestar said.

Maplepaw and Dapplepaw went right ahead while Riverpetal and Hawkripple slowly trotted behind them.

"What do you have to say?" demanded Flamestar as soon as they set paw into his den.

"There will be two, two of each clan who will have the power of the stars to save them all." Maplepaw said. "We all have powers, I have healing powers, Dapplepaw has super speed, Riverpetal can read minds and Hawkripple has invincibility."

"Oh I understand." Flamestar calmly said.

Dapplepaw looked puzzled, then gazed out of the den. Right then, she suddenly saw Elmkit pop out of nowhere. Gasping, Dapplepaw whispered something to Riverpetal.

Riverpetal mewed "I think Elmkit has a power because Elmkit suddenly disappears then reappears in the same place a few seconds later. He can become invisible!"

Flamestar stood there with his mouth open gasping in awe then said "Yes it is true. I do think so."

Hawkripple said "Cool, invisibility."

Suddenly, Flamestar mewed "Oh no, the patrol came back with bad news."

Flamestar started to get up and head out the entrance of the den. He turned his head back to tell the cats something but the Maplepaw stopped him.

"Wait a moment, how do you know that the patrol was coming?" asked Maplepaw suspiciously.

"I can see them..." answered Flamestar hesitantly.

Suddenly, there were pawsteps as a patrol entered Fireclan territory.

"Woah, you were right," mewed Hawkripple, astonished.

"I think you may be one of the special cats who have powers," mewed Riverpetal excitedly.

Flamestar gaped in shock and mewed "You know what, I think Elmkit and I are the special ones in this Clan." Then, he smiled and said "Thank you for coming to us, I will tell the Clan about the great news. "I will be right back" Flamestar said and padded out of his den.

A few minutes later he came back with Elmkit in his mouth and asked "What do we need to do?"

"Come with us to find other cats who have powers and save the clans." Dapplepaw said

The cats then hurried back to the border and headed towards EarthClan.