Chapter Six

Darkheart led his patrol back to EarthClan territory thinking: Phew, that was a close call. I could've gotten caught, I don't want anyone to know about my plan, not just yet.

"What was up with that cat back there?" mewed Shredstrike, a cat from Darkheart's patrol.

Darkheart looked at Shredstrike. He looks like a fine cat. I could use him as a loyal deputy when I become leader. All I have to do is persuade him into not spilling my secret. '

Then, he leaned over and whispered into Shredstrike's ear "You must swear not to tell any cat." Shredstrike nodded eagerly.

"That cat back there was my 'sister'. She betrayed me, everyone betrayed me and now I need to get my revenge. They all lied, and you can help with my plan."

A mischievous grin spread across Shredstrike's muzzle and his white teeth glistened in the light as he growled "I will help you Darkheart, I will help you get revenge on all of those who have betrayed you."

"Good," mewed Darkheart. "I shall make you my deputy and my great advisor.

The, the two cats joined the rest of the group again and padded back to EarthClan territory.

As soon as they got back into the camp Coldstar's voice boomed across the camp "Please come to Clanrock for a meeting."

Darkheart and Shredstrike quickly trotted over to the rock and sat down in the front row.

"Since the death of our beloved deputy Boulderstone, we need to make a new deputy before moonhigh. That new deputy will be..."

Darkheart's heart was pounding. He was so excited.

Suddenly, Darkheart heard his name being called. He tried to keep calm but he couldn't.

All the cats started calling his name "Darkheart, Darkheart, Darkheart."

But Darkheart couldn't concentrate when he was thinking about his evil plan. All I have left to do is kill my father. Then, I will become the leader of EarthClan and I will have Shredstrike as my loyal deputy. No cat will be able to stop me. Soon, I will rule the whole gorge...