Chapter Five

The sky was streaked with orange as Dapplepaw, Maplepaw and their new friends reached the edge of RippleClan territory.

Elmkit yawned, then disappeared. Suddenly, Flamestar yowled in surprise. All the other cats looked at him in alarm. Then, Elmkit suddenly appeared on his back.

Riverpetal purred and mewed "Looks like someone's in for a nap!"

All the cats laughed but then suddenly, a rustle of leaves cut them off. A dark figure leapt out of the bushes, leading two more cats.

Dapplepaw and Maplepaw turned to see what was happening, gasped and exchanged glances. It was Darkpaw, Maplepaw's brother. Maplepaw was about to call out, but then the black cat gave an alarmed glance and called a retreat.

Maplepaw called after him yowling "Wait! It's me, Maplepaw!"

There was only one cat left in the clearing, a brown tabby she-cat with piercing golden eyes. Suddenly, there was a rustle and an old wiry-furred she-cat dropped down to join the brown tabby.

"So," mewed the old she-cat, "What brings you here?"

"Well, we wanted to know if any EarthClan cats have powers," mewed Dapplepaw politely.

The brown tabby she-cat frowned, thinking and mewed, "Well, I can jump a lot farther than any other cat. It feels like flying!"

The old she-cat croaked "And I can hear farther than any cat!"

Flamestar mewed excitedly "With my super eyesight and your super hearing, we couldn't miss anything!"

The old she-cat perked up and purred.

Suddenly, Elmkit broke in "What are we going to do now that we've found all the cats in the prophecy?"

"Well," Dapplepaw mewed "I guess we'll head back to LeafClan territory. You guys might as well just come with us, I'm sure Petalstar will welcome in such important cats."

There were murmurs of agreement. The, all eight cats happily padded all the way across the gorge, until they reached LeafClan territory.