Ch: 01 ☆Those Eyes☆

AUTHOR'S POV:

Three boys were sitting together in the school library.
"How to do this??" A boy who was writing something in a notebook while putting his left hand over his forehead says. "We'll have to bear the consequences of the mischief we did, Nishant." Another boy who was reading a book while keeping his one leg over the other on the table. As he said that, the third guy who was putting his head down on his hand kept on the table, lifts up his head and said "Seriously, Dev? Do you really think that was mischief? We just cheated in the exams." Dev raised an eyebrow as he said that and looked at him. "Just? Be grateful that we only got an assignment to do as a punishment." Dev replied. "And I'm doing mine as well as both of your assignments." Nishant sighed. Dev again looked at his book and said "Of course. You lost the game so you'll do the assignments as decided." "Akansh, fetch me the bio book." Nishant asked the third guy (Akansh), completely ignoring Dev. "Ugh... You won't let me sleep... Fine I'll get it for you." Akansh said and stood up.

"Where is that book?..." Akansh whispered while running his hand through the books kept in the shelf and carefully looking at the books. "Ah, There it is." He said and he took out a book off the shelf. As he took out the book, he saw someone's eyes. He was just lost seeing those honey brown eyes, making an eye contact. After a while someone called out for the person "Eshi! What are you doing there?". "Ye...Yeah, Coming!" That girl replied and looked away from Akansh's eyes then walked away from there. Akansh was lost in some thoughts for a while and then he put a hand over his forehead, coming back to senses. "Those eyes... " He murmured to himself and was lost there for a few minutes. "Akansh!! Don't sleep there, damn it! That book isn't impossible to find! Make it quick!!" He heard Nishant calling out for him.

He went back to the other two guys. He kept the book on the table in front of Nishant and sat down, ready to go back to sleep. "What took you so long?" Dev asked, his eyes fixed on the book. "Ah... Nothing... Just..." Akansh hesitated. "Come on, just say it. Afterall we're your bestfriends." Nishant said. "... Fine... I saw a girl's eyes. Almond brown eyes... Though I wasn't able to see her face but her eyes... I was just lost in them... I don't know what happened to me but I wasn't able to think about anything else." Akansh tried to explain. "Our bro fell in love at the first sight." Dev said keeping his leg back on the floor. "Shut up!" Akansh said.

After a while the school bell rang. "Let's go. The assignments are also completed so let's head back to the class again." Nishant said and stood up. Dev and Akansh stood up and followed Nishant towards the exit. They walked through the hallway.
The hallway was pretty broad and long. The library was situated at the first floor. They walked downstairs to the ground floor.

They soon reached the principal's office and knocked the door. "May we come in, sir?" Dev asked. "Come in" The principal permitted. The three of them went inside and submitted the assignments. "This should be the last time I'm seeing you here in the office, if this happens next time then you three will be expelled." The principal warned looking at the assignments. "We won't repeat it again sir." Nishant assured him, clearly knowing that it's just a lie and they would repeat it again. "And 5 demerits for you all." The principal announced. "Five demerits for us together." Akansh finally spoke up. "No, individually. Now you may leave." The principal said.

The three left the principal's office and headed towards their classroom. "Five demerits? That too much we've already got Ten before." Nishant said. "Aa... Can you explain what's demerits and what will happen if we get that?" Dev said. "I can't believe you are studying in this school from class 6 but still don't know what's merits and demerits. You clearly don't pay attention to anything." Nishant annoying said.

"Let it be I'll explain. Merits are positive points if you something good like winning a competition or getting good grades or even help in some work with teachers, then you'll get a merit. And demerits are negetive points if you do something bad like causing trouble in class, caught cheating in class, destroy school property or sleeping in class, we get demerits. Whenever you get a merit, you'll lose a demerit and whenever you get a demerit you'll lose a merit. You get it in 11th and 12th grade only to decide the school captain, Head boy/girl and stuff like that. The person with the most merits will be the School captain and seeing the number of merits you have, you can be assigned a position. Prefect is the easiest and lowest position which requires at least two hundred merits. People below two hundred merits are normal students." Akansh explained.

"We're in 12th grade and the School captain, Head boy/girl and other positions are already decided so what the need of merits and demerits now?" Dev asked. "Don't tell me you never got a merit or demerit till now." Nishant said as he was surprised from the fact that he didn't knew anything about merits or demerits.

"Nah, I didn't." Dev replied.

"Merits and demerits also decides that whether we'll pass the school or not. We atleast need Four hundred merits to pass the school. And if we get three hundred demerits then we'll be expelled." Akansh completed the explanation.

"Is it just our school or any other school as well." Dev asked. "Just our school, It only wants to imply useless rules for no reason." Nishant said. "What's the number of our merits and demerits?" Dev asked. "We need to go to the school office to check that." Akansh said. "Let's go then." Dev said. "During lunch break." Nishant suggested. Dev and Akansh agreed. The three of them went to their classroom.

{After two hours}

It was lunch break. The three boys went straight to the office without having their lunch. "Ma'am, will you tell us our number of merits and demerits." Nishant said. "Sure, your name?" The staff asked. "Aa... Dev Grover, Nishant Purohit and Akansh Rajawat." Nishant answered. The staff checked their merits and demerits "Dev Grover, 156 merits and 198 demerits. Nishant Purohit, 189 merits and 42 demerits. And... Akansh Rajawat... 49 merits and 202 demerits..." The staff said. "WHAT??!!" Akansh shouted.

Nishant and Dev dragged Akansh away from the school office and then to the school storeroom. "Are you crazy or something?! Your merits are already low and demerits are already too high, do you want another demerit for shouting unnecessarily?" Dev said. "I guess we need to work harder." Nishant said.

The bell rang and they went to their class. "There is a group project you all need to do. You'll get 10 merits for it. You all will work in group of three." As the teacher announced, Nishant, Dev and Akansh looked at each other and nodded.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you liked it. And extremely sorry if you think that this chapter was boring or something. It was just to introduce a few things. I'll try to make it more fun once the introduction is completed.
Don't forget to vote~

~Author.

(Word count: 1280 words)