Ch: 02 ☆Who is she?☆

AKANSH'S POV:

I'm heading to Nishant's house after we decided to do project at his house. This was the first time I was going to his house. Despite being bestfriends for 10 years, I never went to his house for some reasons.

I have to walk through an... empty street? Really?! I guess that was a bad idea to go to his house early morning.

I looked at my watch and it's still just 4:30 a.m.

(Sigh) Well, I don't have any other option, I've to go. I started walking through the street.

Suddenly my phone rang, I took it out of my pocket and looked at it. Dev was calling. He must have arrived there. I answered the call and pressed it on my left ear. "WHERE ARE YOU??!! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU SINCE HALF AN HOUR!! YOU DON'T WANNA COMPLETE THE PROJECT OR SOMETHING??!! REMEMBER HOW MANY MERITS AND DEMERITS YOU HAVE!! COME HERE FAST!!" Dev shouted from the other end and I slightly pulled the phone away from my ear while closing my eyes, waiting for him to finish scolding me. Once he was done with what he had to say, I pressed the phone on my ear again. "I'm on my way, somewhere near the street which leads to the park. I'll be hopefully there in 10 minutes." I declined the call.

I started walking further while thinking about something. I didn't even realised when I came to the park.

I think overthinking while walking on the streets isn't really good. I must head to his house as soon as possible.

I made my way out the park and... It started raining, not heavily but enough to drench completely... That was only left to happen making me more late than I was. I ran towards a tree to save myself from the rain.

The situation can't get worse. I just hope I've atleast brought an umbrella.

I searched inside my bag and gladly, to my relief... I found the umbrella. I sighed and opened the umbrella. I started walking towards the exit until... I saw someone tripping over a rock and falling down ahead of me.

I guess I shouldn't be concerned to help her or... Should I? But I'll be late if I helped her...

Without thinking any further I quickly went to her and held the umbrella above us. I extended my hand towards her. "Are you alright?" I asked the girl. She turned her head and looked at me.

Those eyes...

She got up. "Ye-Yeah. I'm fine." She said while holding her left elbow with her right hand. It was bleeding. "Your elbow... It's bleeding." I said. "It's fine I'll just go home and bandage it." She said. I want to help but she may refuse.

Maybe I can just help her walk home since I don't think she have an umbrella and that wound isn't making the thing any better too.

"Do you have an umbrella?" I asked. "No." She replied. I sighed "I'll walk you home then." I suggested. "There no need." She refused.

She's too cold.

"You don't have an umbrella." I said.

"I know." She replied

"You may catch cold."

"You shouldn't be concerned about it."

She's right. I shouldn't be concerned. Why should I care even if she catch cold? Why the heck am I concerned about her? She's just a stranger.

"I just wanted to help since it's raining and you don't have an umbrella, also you've got hurt." I said. The rain was almost stopped now. "I can go home on my own. It isn't raining now anyway." She said while turning around and started walking away. I started keeping the umbrella in my bag when I heard a noise. "Ouch!" It was her.

Don't tell me she fell again.

I looked up at her and saw her stumbling. I looked at her knee, it was bleeding.

Akansh, you shouldn't be concerned, okay? It's just none of your business. Just focus on going to Nishant's house right now as you're already late.

I hung my bag and made my way to the entrance. I started walking to Nishant's house. She was ahead of me, I think going the same way.

"Stop following me!" She shouted and turned towards me. "I'm not following yo-" I tried to explain myself but she cut me off "So what are you doing?" She asked me. "I'm just heading the same way." I said. "As if." She stared at me and then turned around and started walking again.

We almost reached Nishant's house and she was still walking ahead of me.

She must be his neighbour. Her parents must have a hard time handling her.

I then saw her entering Nishant's.

Who is she?

I rang the doorbell and waited. After a few seconds, Nishant opened the door. "WHERE WERE YOU?? DO YOU EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA SINCE HOW LONG WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU??" He shouted as soon as he saw me. I looked at my watch... It was 5 o'clock already.

I'm an hour late. That's not too much time.

Dev came towards us. "Come in, we've already started the project without you." Dev said. I followed Dev and Nishant inside. We went inside Nishant's room and sat on the floor. We started doing our project. "Aahh... I'm hungryy..." Dev groaned. Nishant got up "What would you like to eat?" He asked. "Pizza?" Dev replied. Nishant stared at him for a moment "Sandwich. You're getting sandwich to eat." Nishant said walking out of the door. "Hey! Wait for me." Dev said while getting up. They both went to the kitchen leaving me alone.

"How to... Do this?" I mumbled underneath my breath. I was trying to do the project when I heard the door opening. I looked towards the door and my eyes widen... It was the girl whom I met in the park. I almost forgot about her after I got here. Gladly, she wasn't looking at me but her bleeding elbow. "Where's the first aid-... YOU?!" She was the first one to speak and... She have noticed me now.

Who is she? What is she doing here? Does she know Nishant?

"YOU PERVERT!! I ASKED YOU NOT TO FOLLOW ME!! WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR?? ARE YOU HERE TO STEAL SOMETHING?? YOU THIEF!!" She shouted snapping me out of my thoughts. "Listen, I ain't any-..." She cut me off "NISHANT!! THERE'S A THIEF IN YOUR ROOM!!".

God... She talks too much... She's annoying.

Nishant and Dev ran upstairs hearing her voice. "What happen?" Nishant asked her. "This thief is in your room." She answered pointing towards me. I sighed. Nishant and Dev bursted into laughter. "Thief? He? Didn't knew you were a thief too." Dev jokingly said. "He isn't any thief, Eshita. He's my bestfriend, it's the first time he came here so you may not know him." He explained.

Eshita...

"Huh?" She was confused. "How'd you got hurt?" Nishant asked looking at her bleeding knee and elbow. "I just tripped over a rock." She replied. "Do you... know her?..." I asked Nishant. "Oh, yeah. She's my younger sister, Eshita. She studies in our school, class 10."

His younger sister?

"Bandage it, idiot." Nishant said to Eshita. Dev went downstairs to the kitchen to get the sandwiches and Eshita went to her room to bandage her wound. Nishant sat beside me.

"Your sister's pretty rude." I said. "She? Rude? She isn't rude at all. She's just not used to talk to people." Nishant said.

Dev returned with the sandwiches and sat with us. We continued doing our project.

{3 hours later}

The project was completed. I got up and hung my bag. I and Dev left the house and made our way to our houses. "See you tomorrow." I waved while running towards my house.
______________________________________

Thanks for reading it and I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for any error or something.

~Author.

(Word count: 1334 words)