Ch: 04 ☆Tutor☆

ESHITA'S POV:

When is she gonna come?

I was continuously looking at the clock, waiting for Vedika to arrive but she haven't shown up yet. I sat on the couch in the living room, with a book in my hand.

It's already 6 o'clock, is she gonna come today or not?

Nishant came and sat on the armchair. "Kiska intezaar kar rhi hai?" He asked me while eating an apple. "Vedu-..." I didn't completed my as sentence as I realised...

Vedu told that Nishant said his sister is 22 years old and have even passed the school years ago. I completely forgot to ask him why yesterday.

"Bhaiya, Did you told Vedika yesterday that your sister is 22 years old and have even passed the school years ago?" I asked him directly. "Vedika? Who?" He asked completely oblivious. "Vedika. The girl who came to apologize to your bestfriend, whatever his name is, on my behalf as I called him thief and pervert the other day and you told her that your sister is 22 years old." I told him everything. He choked while eating the apple. I got up and quickly gave him a glass of water while rubbing his back. "What happened?" I asked.

"Was she... Your friend...?" He asked.

"Of course, she was my friend."

"Main- woh, actually..."

"Main? Aage?"

"She came and apologized to me."

"Huhh??"

"She came and apologized to me instead of Akansh and then he said that his sister is 22 years old not me. I... I behaved a bit rudely."

"SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID THAT  SHE JUST WANT YOUR ATTENTION TO HER??!!"

"Don't shout."

"And here I thought your bestfriend behaved rudely with her."

"It was me."

"You better apologize to her soon."

My phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was a message from Vedika. I opened it.

Vedika: Sorry, I won't be able to come to your house today and tutor you. I had to go to my uncle's house with my mom urgently. Try to study yourself or you can ask your brother for help.

"Ab yahi hona bacha tha." I murmured underneath my breath. "What happened?" Nishant asked. "Vedika was supposed to come and tutor me today but she have an emergency so she won't be coming and I have tests from tomorrow." I explained. I suddenly asked after a minute of silence "Will you help me study?". "No." He straightaway denied. "Aapni behn ke liye itna nhi kar sakte?" I said melodramatically. "Tuition jana hai mujhe." He said.

I'm seriously gonna fail the test now.

"I should ask Akansh if he can tutor yo-" He was suggesting but I didn't let him complete. "Let it be. I'd rather study on my own or fail." I said cutting him off. "You're not gonna fail and he will tutor you." He said and called him. "Hello? Akansh?... I was saying that will you tutor my sister as she have tests from tomorrow and I have my tuitions so I won't be able to... From today... Yeah, now... Fine, I'll pay you... Thanks." I heard him say that on call. He declined the call and turned towards me. "Akansh will tutor you from today. He'll come by 6:30." He announced. I looked at the clock and it was 6:15. "Fine." I said and walked upstairs to my room. I sat at my bed and kept the book in front of me. I tried solving some maths questions on my own while until he arrives.

After sometime, I heard a knock on my door. "Push the door, it's open." I instructed. I heard the door opening and then closing but I didn't looked towards it as I was too busy calculating the answer. "Kal kon sa test hai?" I heard a voice. I looked up to see Akansh standing completely drenched in water from head to toes. He wasn't looking at me, he was busy trying to dry his wet hair. I was silently looking at him without answering. After a minute, when he didn't got the answer, he looked at me and repeated the question "Kal... Kon sa test hai?". I came back to senses, realising he was saying something "H-Huh? Oh, um... Kal..." I looked at my book and then at him "Kal maths hai." He nodded and then was about to climb on the bed. "Wait!" I shouted. "What?" He said blinking twice.