7- Christmas Time!

Rushing to get my makeup done, I grinned to myself. I was having another photoshoot for a magazine. I believe it's a lingerie one? I don't know. The publishers said it won't be sold in the area of where I live anyways, so people won't see it and recognise me.

I dabbed my powder on my under eyes, setting them.

"Honey, are you ready now? We have to leave soon." My mother asks walking into my room.

"Yep, I'm ready!" I say spritzing myself with perfume, it was Christmas Eve. I'm so excited!

I walk outside to the car, sitting in. My father at the drivers seat. My mother finally came, she sat down quickly laughing an apology to me and my dad for having to wait. Finally the car takes off, I lean out of the window- taking in the fresh air- the drive was going to be long enough.(About an hour and a half, I think?)

Waking up to a nudge I look up.

"Enikő, we're here darling." My mother tells me shaking her head laughing at me asleep.

"Oh okay." I say running my hands up my hair to get more volume.

I walk into the studio, it's going to be a man taking the photos. I couldn't really care though, I just want to be a model and this is apart of it so...

"Now are you sure you want to do this kind of shoot? It's entirely up to you." My mother asks me again, her eyes filled with concern.

"Yes I'm sure. Bye." I repeat to her as I walk into the studio.

The photographer greets me, the background of it is like an old styled vintage home. It's lovely. I take off my skirt and blouse. Leaving me in a white laced matching lingerie set.

"Okay now can you please reach up to the bookshelf as if grabbing a book. The literary men die for this stuff." He adds on the explanation at the end.

I do as asked, leaning up on my tiptoes, reaching at a book. The flashes go off. Next I have to sit back in an armchair. A cigarette in one hand, and a brown leather jacket draped over me.

The final pose in that set is of me stood my head tilting to the side, eyes facing the camera in a low mood. People loved depressive things as far as I knew.

The last actual photo was of me outside, the cold biting at me. I had to lie back in the snow, one leg raised up, bending. The rest of me propped up on my shoulders.

"I know it's cold but final photo okay?" The photographer nods- he didn't seem to be weird in my opinion. I do think I recall him previously talking about a boyfriend of his so.

As if the time flew past the photoshoot was over. The photographer handed me information on when the magazine including me would arrive to me, and when it'd be released. Thanking him I walked out to my mother, fully clothed again.

"Thank you once again for having us." My mother smiles at the photographer man as she walks out with me.

We get in the car. Speeding back in the direction of our house, my dad makes small talk about the shoot. Not really appreciating what it was. I just ignore his reaction as I look out the window. Christmas Day was tomorrow. Finally, the car is now trailing us up the lane to my house. I get out and walk inside, going up to my room.

I remove all my makeup cautiously, throwing on a pair of shorts with a white top. My mother comes in and kisses me goodnight, leaving my room. I lay back in bed, soaking up the pale moonlight outside of my window. I loved winter. I suddenly jumped up, I got my gifts tomorrow! Falling back into my pillow I thought of the saying "sleep and Santa will come." Sometimes I wished I was only 8 years old, believing in Santa again.