Ch-4 Bullshit Of The Child Genius

Cid POV

I was currently laying comfortably against Adelinde, who was currently holding me gently while smiling weirdly at my exhausted mother, sweat trickling down her face. 

"Mrs. Kagenou... Stop whining about this.." Said Adelinde with a deadpan expression on her face. 

Adelinde's hold on my was secure and protective but also very comforting. I liked it. 

And as for why my mother was lying on her back with an exhausted, almost dead look on her face, incapable of moving her body... That's on me. Tehe! 

"Why...? Why is this so hard...? It was never like this with Claire. Why is Cid so different ?" She asked while staring at the ceiling with half-closed eyes. 

Adelinde stared at her, her smile slightly awkward, as sweat dropped down her face. 

Suddenly, the front door burst open and my idiot of a father barged in the room. 

"I will have to–!... What are you doing ?" He asked, his face turning into one of complete confusion upon seeing his wife in such a pitiful state. 

"Are you kidding me ? It's been three weeks and you notice now?!" She yelled in anger. I'm surprised she has the strength to yell. 

"So... Why do you look so tired ?" 

"I don't know! I was just breast feeding Cid, and after that I collapsed on the bed! My muscles worn respond to me! It's like I've been drugged or someone's sucked my energy out of me or something! Like seriously, why is this happening ? All I did was feed Cid! And it's been like this for three weeks! I mean... Not every single day, but it's a little concerning, y'know ?" 

She then threw her head back down and let out a loud groan while also rubbing her sensitive chest. 

"Cid is such a greedy boy... He takes meals multiple times a day and even then, he takes so long to finish and I always feel tired after it!" 

Adelinde on the other hand, turned her gaze down towards me and smiled. "Greedy indeed... Though I would also like to add the word, 'sly'". 

I also looked up at Adelinde. So far, since my time at this world, Adelinde was the only one I've been unable to outright deceive like I could my parents. Nothing gets past her. 

As weak as she is, she seems pretty gifted in terms of perception and she's very knowledgeable about magic and it's properties and functions. 

Adelinde noticed what I was doing.

She noticed how I was turning the breast milk into magicules while drinking them. She noticed how I conducted magicules through her body and into my finger tips to absorb them slowly. She noticed how I balanced out my magicules intake and nutritional intake. 

I'll have to give props to her. My mother hasn't noticed this yet, and she's the victim of this experiment of mine. 

I turned towards Adelinde and pulled on her collar, making her turn her attention down to me completely. 

When I arrived at this word three weeks ago, I learned a lot of tricks. Magicules are actually very easy to understand and manipulate. An action such as creating a telepathic link by simply sending a bunch of mangicules with the desired thoughts, is very easy to execute. 

Or... You could just form a telepathic bridge. 

• {Telepathic Link} 

Kufufufu... 

Staring up at Adelinde, I made my intentions clear. 

<<Take me to... Library...!>>