Ch-5 Experimentations And Torment!

No one's POV

It was the dead of night. The darkness engulfed the entire sky and Kagenou Manor was completely dark, only illuminated by the moonlight and the lights within the manor itself.

The land owned by the Kagenou family was decently big, and it was all forest. It was filled with monsters, beasts, and even bandits occasionally.

But recently, there has been a massive increase in the number of monsters and beasts in the forests, along with a significant decline the the slime population within the forest.

This was obviously, because of a certain someone. An experimental Cid Kagenou decided to spend the next six months practicing magic and hunting slimes. And yes, he single-handedly brought the slime population down to almost zero, within the forest.

The sheer amount of his experiments were almost insane and he practiced and improved magic so much, that he even created his own magic series.

{Charge Magic}

{Maximize Magic}

{Nuclear Strike Magic}

Right now, he's working on something else, which he calls {Minimize Magic}. The exact opposite of the {Maximize Magic} he created just earlier.

{Charge Magic}: It is a type of augmentation magic that utilizes absolute control and augmentation revolving around magicules. Except that unlike {Maximize Magic}, which follows the same premise as this, {Charge Magic} mainly relies on reduction reactions.

While it does have augmentation spells, it's main ability is supposed to be to counteract {Maximize Magic}, which is a type of magic meant to augment the user and make them stronger, acting more like an enchant over magic.

He has many spells for it as well.

<<Drain Mana>>, which is a spell that drains the magic of the area around him as well as his opponent, proving to be especially formidable against knights and magic based monsters.

Of course, there is a limit to this as well. He can't just suck up all magicules around him without mercy after all.

Okay... Maybe he can, because of his {Mana Core} but that's because of his skill, not the magic itself.

But against the knights and people of this world, <<Drain Mana>> proves to be an invaluable spell to have.

The people of this world don't rely on hand-to-hand combat since almost everyone is superhuman here thanks to magic. But at the same time, most people aren't skilled enough to handle magic in the form of spells.

So they all turned to using weapons, the sword in particular, becoming exceedingly popular in this world. They augment the weapon with magic to make sure it doesn't break and they can not only fight, but they can also deal serious damage thanks to the magic they put in the weapon.

But there was one problem. Magic conductivity.

The conductivity of regular steel swords were very low, only around 30%. Which means that if you were to put, let's say, 1000 magicules into the sword, only 300 out of this is usable and the remaining 700 are just lost as external energy.

Even the most conductive known material that can be used to make weapons, Mithril, only had a 50% conductivity.

This alone meant these people had to expend a decently large amount of magic just putting it into their swords, leaving them easily exhausted after a fight. Very inconvenient.