Chapter 2

I couldn't believe that Riley agreed to drink. She'd always been the responsible one, and I didn't really expect it from her. Nevertheless, I promised myself I would keep an eye on how much she drank tonight.

The afternoon sun painted long shadows across the campus as Riley and I sat on the steps outside the library, textbooks strewn around us.

"You know, tonight might be exactly what we need after this week," I said, glancing up from my notes.

Riley nodded thoughtfully, her gaze distant. "Maybe you're right. It's just... not really my thing, you know?"

I understood. Riley was always more cautious, preferring quiet evenings over wild parties. But tonight was different—it was our chance to unwind together with friends.

"It'll be fine," I assured her, nudging her shoulder playfully. "Besides, we can always bail if it gets too crazy."

She chuckled softly, giving me a grateful smile. "Okay, deal."

Later that evening, laughter and chatter filled my dorm room. Dakota, Bree, Grace, Jesse, Alexander, and Riley were all there, sharing snacks and stories.

"What should we do?" Jesse's voice cut through the lively atmosphere.

"How about Truth or Dare?" I suggested, knowing it would be a hit.

"I'm in," Riley said with a mischievous glint in her eye, mirroring the enthusiasm of the others.

We formed a circle on the floor, the mood light and playful. I settled next to Riley, feeling content that she was enjoying herself despite her earlier reservations.

The room buzzed with excitement as the bottle spun, finally landing on Dakota. She grinned mischievously.

"Alright, Dakota, truth or dare?" Grace asked, her eyes twinkling with anticipation.

"Dare, obviously!" Dakota replied with a playful wink.

Grace exchanged a glance with Jesse, silently plotting. "I dare you to go out into the hallway and serenade the first person you see with a love song."

Dakota laughed and accepted the challenge, disappearing into the corridor amidst our cheers and laughter.

Next up was Alexander. He spun the bottle confidently, and it stopped at Bree.

"Truth or dare, Bree?" he asked with a grin.

Bree thought for a moment, then decided, "Truth!"

Alexander nodded thoughtfully. "Tell us, Bree, what's the weirdest dream you've ever had?"

Bree blushed a little but launched into a vivid description of a bizarre dream involving flying elephants and a talking toaster, earning uproarious laughter from the group.

As the game continued, the dares became more creative, and the truths were more revealing. Jesse demonstrated her best dance moves to an invisible audience in the middle of the room. Grace confessed to a childhood fear of roller coasters. Alexander revealed an embarrassing childhood nickname that had us all in stitches.

The bottle spun, its neck slowing to a stop and pointing directly at Riley. Molly's eyes sparkled mischievously as she posed the question.

"Alright, Riley," Molly began with a playful grin, "truth or dare?"

Riley chuckled, glancing around at the expectant faces. "Hmm... I'll go with the truth."

Molly leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "Tell us, Riley, have you ever had a crush on someone in this room?"