Chapter 42

“… Why did you do that?”

Yul's voice seemed to be crawling. Like a person who had committed a great sin, he was downcast.

Mikael silently stroked his soft rag hair. His tiny head fit snugly in his hand.

“Why did you do that!”

Yul raised his voice. Even so, his voice was not very loud because he had the body of a small doll. Rather, there was only an insignificant squeal. However, Yul didn't seem to be aware of this fact, so he continued to squeal.

“Why did you do that, why! Why are you pointing your sword at Andrei! Andrei is Mikael's only friend! You already have no friends!”

Yul, who kept repeating the same thing while being upset, quickly realized what he had said.

He was brutally honest saying that Mikael had no friends. Of course, it was true, but what he knew himself and what others would hear would be very different. He couldn't take back what he already said. Yu bit his mouth tightly and shut up.

But that didn't mean he was relieved. No, he wasn't really angry. He was just upset. He was so upset, but he couldn't help but get angry because he had no way to express his frustration.

“Are you angry?”

“I'm not angry!”

“Then?”

“Just, just… ! Oh, why did you do that anyway!”

Yul, who couldn't say it outright because he was upset, turned around. Then a small laugh was heard. Yul looked at Mikael in surprise, and he was laughing like he didn't know what was going on.

“Ah, are you laughing now?”

“Well I'm not crying now am I.”

“I'd rather you cry!”

“Why?”

Yul stubbornly shut his mouth at Mikael's question. It was a completely opposite reaction from when they were bickering just now. Mikael pressed the question, probably sensing it as well.

“Why do you want me to cry?”

“Well… !”

“Well?”

“Mikael is in danger because of me!”

In the end, Yul burst out the lump that had been forming in his chest the whole time.

That's right. There was one reason why Yul was upset. Mikael became in danger because of him.

That haughty man who didn't know how to be afraid of heaven and earth might die because of him. Even if Andrei suddenly threw himself into the stove, Mikael had to stay still. Otherwise, he himself could be burned to death.

He also felt wronged, of course. One day, when he opened his eyes, he suddenly possessed a doll's body. On top of that, it was a doll that appeared in the world of a novel.

This bizarre and absurd incident did not happen because of him. After all, Yul was also a victim. However, he was suddenly treated as a product of black magic. What's even worse, if he got caught, he would be thrown into a wood fire. It was crazy to the point that he felt like jumping up and down.

It was an unfair and crazy situation, but Yul had no power to change this situation. It was virtually impossible to escape and hide away from people's eyes while pretending to be a doll. He didn't even know how to do that, but he couldn't become human again.

But Mikael was different.

If he gave up on him, if he threw him away, everything would be solved. As Andrei said, there would be no problem for him if he threw out the black magic doll.