Chapter 7

As I walked back to Elias's room, my mind raced with different thoughts of what exactly I could do to make his life a little bit more memorable, but nothing was clicking. Giving it a rest, I stopped outside his room to have a seat because boy was that walk super tiring.

After a minute or so, I pushed open the door, expecting to find Elias resting. Instead, the bed was empty.

Panic immediately surged through me as I called out his name, I checked the bathroom but there was no response or sight of him. My heart pounded as I quickly scanned the room again, I went as far as looking under his bed just in case he had fallen but he was MIA. 

I rushed out of the room, nearly colliding with a nurse in the hallway. "Excuse me, I can't find E-Elias Manning!" I exclaimed. "He is the patient from room 401. He was supposed to be resting, but he's not in his room or the bathroom. Please, help me find him!"

The nurse's eyes widened in surprise, and she quickly nodded. "Don't worry, we'll find him. He couldn't have gone far. Let me alert the staff."

Within moments, an announcement was made over the hospital's intercom, and several nurses and orderlies began searching the nearby areas. Confused on what to do, I stood in the hallways contemplating on where he could he have gone or why he would leave his room. 

A few agonizing minutes later, the nurse returned, shaking her head. "We haven't found him yet, but we're still looking. Please, try to stay calm. We are going to check CCTV footage."

I took a deep breath "Oh Ok." 

 I then pulled out my phone and dialed Japeth's number, hoping he'd be of some help. He answered after a few rings.

"Japeth, it's Serenity," I said, my voice frantic. "Elias is missing from his room. I don't know what to do because I don't where he went. I know you might be busy, but if you can please help me in any way, please do."

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Japeth responded. "Calm down, Serenity, Elias had just left from here. He should be on his way back to his room. He wanted to find out who called you to the hospital and how you found out he was sick."

Relief flooded through me, only to be swiftly overtaken by frustration. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Japeth said, "he's likely on his way back, so no worries. I'm a bit tied up at the moment, but please, don't hesitate to call if anything comes up."

"Thank You, I will."

After ending the call, I notified the assisting nurses to halt the search as he could be returning. I then began to pace the hallway, my eyes scanning every face, hoping to see Elias. A few minutes later, I saw him slowly making his way back, looking exhausted. 

"Elias!" I called out, rushing towards him. "Why would you just get up and leave like that? You scared me half to death!"

He looked up, "I'm sorry, Sere. I needed to speak with Japeth."

Shaking my head, I took his arm gently, guiding him back to his room.

Once we were back in his room, I helped him settle back into bed. He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before looking at me.

"I just... I needed to know who told you about my condition," he said softly. "I didn't want you to find out the way you did."

"How was I supposed to find out? You weren't going to tell me anything," I retorted, unable to keep my composure.

"Sere–"

I cut him off; I needed him to listen to what I had to say.

"Don't Sere me! You're selfish, you're so selfish! How do you expect me to feel knowing that after four years together you don't trust that I can handle knowing that you're sick!" I continued. "What if I had lost you, Elias? Do you know how many doubts I had? You've been distant, quiet, and most importantly, you've stopped being the guy I fell in love with. I thought you didn't love me anymore. People told me you might just be cheating. All that just to find out you've been struggling silently! Alone!"

"Serenity, please calm down and listen to me."

"No, you listen to me! I've been calm and quiet throughout our relationship, disregarding my desires, my wishes just to make you happy! To make us work. Do you know how much I hated it when you mentioned that we weren't ready for marriage when I clearly was? Do you know how many times I hated what you were slowly becoming but I kept quiet because I knew you weren't always this self-centered and it might be just a phase? I put you first, yet you kept putting me after everything and everyone all the time. I might not always show it, but I have feelings too!"

Elias looked at me, his expression even more pained, but he remained silent, taking in my words.

"Do you want to give us a break?" Elias asked, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"W-what?!" I stammered, caught off guard by his question.

"Do you want to give this relationship a break?" he repeated confidently.

"What's wrong with you? You don't say sorry, you don't try explaining yourself. For the first time in a while, I'm telling you how I really feel, and that is all you have to say," I said, my voice breaking.

Elias sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "What do you want me to say? I know I've been a bad boyfriend, and I'm sorry. I thought pushing you away would be the best. You'd start hating me, and I might as well leave this world knowing you'd be able to move on easily."

"Are you an idiot!?" I exploded, tears streaming down my cheeks. "You put me through all that just–"

Before I could finish my sentence, The nurse I had been speaking to earlier walked in.

Thank You All For Reading, I Really Do Appreciate It.

Please Don't Forget To Vote, Comment And Share

#Road 2 400 reads