𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

You woke up to the gentle caress of sunlight peeking through the curtains. The warm rays danced across your face, gradually illuminating the dust motes that danced in the air like tiny ballerinas in the room.

As you lay in bed, you felt the softness of the pillow and the gentle rustle of the sheets. You looked up at the ceiling, and the memories from last night came rushing back like a tidal wave. The ache in your chest felt like a heavy weight was pressing down on you. You covered your eyes with your arm, and tears welled up.

Wiping away the tears, you sat up and swung your legs over the side of the bed, your feet touching the soft carpet. You were still in the same clothes from yesterday; you had been too tired to change before falling asleep. You got up, stretched, and your bones cracked in your back - it felt good.

You fixed up the bed neatly and walked to the door, opening it. When the door opened, the aroma of sizzling bacon hit your nose. You walked into the kitchen and saw Valentina. She noticed your presence and turned to you with a warm smile, saying, "Good morning, did you sleep well?" "Yeah, I did," you said while walking up to the table.

"That's good to hear; I made breakfast. Let's fuel up for the day ahead." You didn't feel like eating; your appetite had vanished, replaced by a hollow feeling in your stomach. "I don't feel like eating anything, Val." Valentina's expression turned concerned. "Y/n, you need to eat something; you can't go without breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day."

You sighed, "I'm just not feeling it." You replied, "Please eat something; you don't have to eat everything, just as long as you have something in your stomach for energy." She continued, "Because we are going out for the whole day; I took a day off from work."

"What?" you said, stuttering. You didn't want her to do this; "Val, you didn't have to do this," you protested, feeling a pang of guilt. "I'll be okay, really. You should go to work." She waved her hand dismissively. "Too late, girl. I already asked my boss for the day off, and I also called Ashley to tell your boss that you're feeling sick."

You opened your mouth to say something, but Valentina's expression was unyielding. She had already made up her mind, and you knew arguing with her would be futile. So you gave in, feeling a small spark of gratitude towards your bestie. Maybe, just maybe, this day wouldn't be so bad after all. "Okay, fine, I'll go out," you said, lifting both hands in the air.

"Good,Now go shower and brush your teeth first; I left a new washcloth and toothbrush on the counter in the bathroom." Val said, pointing a spatula at you. "Yes, mommy," you rolled your eyes and smiled before heading to the bathroom. "There is the smile that I want to see," she said, smiling back.

. ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ ❤︎

"We are going to your house," Val says. You looked up at Val, "No way; I don't want to go back there." You replied, "Um, hello, the rest of your stuff is there that you need to get." You sighed.

You and Valentina had finished eating breakfast with a slice of black forest cake. Now you two were getting ready to leave. "We'll go there, get my stuff, and leave immediately," you said, tying your shoes' laces.

You had met Josh at a bar where you used to work as a mixologist. Josh was captivated by your skills and how pretty you were, and that beautiful smile. He was drawn to you like a magnet, and his eyes would always linger on you as you expertly crafted cocktails.

He was enchanted by your warm laughter. Every time he came from work, he'd go to the bar, just to see you. He'd talk to you about his problems as if you were his therapist; he told you that he worked for a company, telling you jokes that would make you laugh and always complementing you. He even asked you on a date. You'd turned him down, leaving him disappointed but he didn't give up easily.