𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

The sun has risen, casting a warm glow over the city. The sky is a brilliant blue, with a few wispy clouds scattered across it.

The air is crisp and calm, with a hint of coolness still lingering from the night. A gentle breeze stirs the leaves of the trees, creating a soft rustling sound that fills the morning air.

The soft whoosh of curtains opening, the gentle slide of windows unfolding, and the quiet swing of doors opening.

The morning light streamed in, illuminating the vibrant colors of the daycare, the chatter of the morning shift employees filled the air, their cheerful greetings and warm smiles a stark contrast to your own exhausted state.

After the greetings, you headed down to your room to pack your things, You slowly gathered your belongings, your movements mechanical as you tried to shake off the fatigue. Once you packed everything, you, Tessa, and Ashley left the daycare together, walking out to the parking lot. As you reached your vehicles, you exchanged farewells.
"bye, guys," you said, smiling. "bye!" They chimed in unison, before turning to each other to say their own goodbyes. With a collective honk of horns, you all pulled out of the parking lot, heading off in different directions.

You trudge through the front door of the apartment, exhaustion weighed heavily on your shoulders.

You see Valentina getting ready to leave for work.

"Hey val, good morning," you said, trying to sound more alert than you felt.

Valentina turned around, taking in your tired appearance. "Oh, you look like you're running on fumes," she said, concern etched on her face. "Long night at the daycare?"

You nodded. "Yeah, it was a marathon. We had a dozen kids sleeping over, and I was up for 12 hours straight."

Valentina winced in sympathy. "No wonder you look like you're about to pass out. Do you want some coffee or something before I head out?"

You shook your head, already making a beeline for your room. "Nah, I just need sleep. Thanks for offering, though."

As you changed into comfortable clothes and climbed into bed, you couldn't help but think about the text conversation with Gojo from the night before. A small smile played on your lips. You couldn't wait to see him this afternoon.

With a happy sigh, you snuggled under the blankets and let sleep claim you. 

. ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ ❤︎

"Ring"

"Ring"

"Ring"

Your phone pierced the silence. You groggily opened one eye, then the other, disoriented. You stirred, stretching and yawnning. Your body felt refreshed, but your mind still lingered in a haze.

With a gentle effort, you reached for your phone on the nightstand, squinting at the screen. Gojo's name flashed on the display, and memories of the coffee date came flooding back. You glanced at the time, and your heart sank. 3:00 PM. "Shit," you muttered, rubbing the grit from your eyes. You hesitated for a moment before answering, ... I'm so sorry, I totally overslept".

"I-" you began to explain, but Gojo cut you off.

"No worries, I understand. I'll wait for you outside," Gojo said.

You smiled, feeling a bit relieved. "OK, but it's gonna take me awhile to get ready, are you sure you can wait long?"

"It's ok, Y/N, I'll wait, just take your time" Gojo replied.