CHAPTER 4

Slide 16 Unveiled

The next day, the friends attended their classes with a newfound sense of purpose. They knew they had to be vigilant, especially with the ominous Slide 16 looming over them. As they entered the lecture hall, the air was thick with tension.

The professor, a tall man with a stern expression, began the lecture. His name is Prof. Louvre Hawthorne.

Viego, Ellie, Czisco, Calle, and France sat together, their eyes fixed on the screen at the front of the room.

The slides clicked by, one after another, until they reached Slide 15.

Viego glanced at his friends, who were all visibly tense. The room was silent, the air heavy with anticipation. The professor's hand hovered over the clicker, a strange smile playing on his lips.

"Now, class, let's move on to Slide 16," the professor said, his voice dripping with an eerie calm.

The slide changed, revealing a disturbing image that sent shivers down Viego's spine.

The room seemed to darken, the shadows growing longer and more menacing. The whispers returned, louder and more urgent than ever.

As the professor continued to speak, the friends exchanged nervous glances. The air was charged with an almost tangible fear, and Viego could feel the presence of something sinister lurking just beyond the edge of perception.

"Today, we will discuss the true meaning of sacrifice," the professor said, his eyes locking onto Viego's. "And the price we must pay for knowledge and success."

The whispers grew louder, filling Viego's ears with a cacophony of desperate voices.

He struggled to focus, his heart pounding in his chest.

Suddenly, the door to the lecture hall creaked open, and a cold breeze swept through the room. Viego turned to see a shadowy figure standing in the doorway, its eyes glowing with a malevolent light.

"Who will be the chosen one?" the professor asked, his voice echoing in the silence.

The friends watched in horror as the figure stepped forward, its presence sending a wave of fear through the room. The students were frozen, unable to move or speak, as the entity approached the front of the class.

"Viego, Ellie, Czisco, Calle, and France," the professor said, his voice cold and detached.

"You have been chosen to uncover the secrets of Laurel Haven. But beware, for the path you walk is fraught with danger and darkness."

As the professor spoke, the shadowy figure seemed to merge with the slide, its form shifting and twisting into a grotesque shape.

The friends could feel its malevolent energy, a palpable force that threatened to overwhelm them.

The whispers reached a fever pitch, filling the room with a deafening roar. Viego's vision blurred, and he struggled to stay focused. He knew they had to act quickly, or risk being consumed by the darkness.

"Stay strong," Viego whispered to his friends. "We can do this."

With a final, desperate push, the friends focused their minds and channeled their inner strength. The whispers began to recede, the shadowy figure losing its grip on reality.

As the slide faded, the room returned to normal. The professor's expression was unreadable, his eyes cold and calculating.

"Class dismissed," he said, his voice devoid of emotion.

The friends gathered their belongings and hurried out of the lecture hall, their hearts still racing. They knew they had narrowly escaped a terrible fate, but the battle was far from over.

"We need to regroup and figure out our next move," Viego said, his voice steady but urgent. "We can't let the entity win."

The friends nodded in agreement, their resolve stronger than ever. They knew they had to uncover the truth behind Slide 16 and the malevolent entity that haunted Laurel Haven. The whispers had guided them this far, and they were determined to see their mission through to the end.

As they walked back to the dormitory, the air was thick with anticipation. The friends knew that the next phase of their journey would be even more dangerous, but they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

The shadows of Laurel Haven loomed large, but the friends were determined to bring light to the darkness. With their bond of friendship and newfound knowledge, they were ready to uncover the secrets that had plagued the university for generations.