CHAPTER 9

The Chosen One

The lecture hall was silent as Caius and his group stood at the front, their faces pale and tense. The professor's cold gaze swept over them, his expression unreadable.

"Who have you chosen to sacrifice?" the professor asked, his voice echoing in the silence.

Caius took a deep breath, his hands shaking. "We've chosen Mark," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Mark stepped forward, his face a mask of fear and uncertainty. The room was silent as he looked at his friends, his eyes filled with a mix of desperation and determination.

"I... I can't do this," Mark said, his voice trembling. "I can't go through with it."

The room erupted in whispers, the tension in the air palpable. Caius's face turned pale, his eyes wide with panic.

"Mark, please," Caius pleaded, his voice desperate. "If you refuse, we'll all be in danger."

The professor's expression darkened, his eyes narrowing. "If the chosen one refuses, the consequences will be severe," he said, his voice cold and menacing.

Mark shook his head, tears streaming down his face. "I can't do it," he said, his voice breaking. "I won't."

The professor's eyes flashed with anger, and a malevolent smile spread across his face.

"Very well," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "You have sealed your fate."

With a wave of his hand, the professor summoned the entity. The shadowy figure appeared, its eyes glowing with a sinister light. The room grew cold, and the air was filled with a sense of impending doom.

The entity moved forward, its presence sending a wave of fear through the room.

The students were frozen, unable to move or speak, as the entity approached Mark and his group.

"Please, no," Caius begged, his voice filled with terror. "Don't do this."

The professor's smile grew wider, his eyes filled with a twisted delight. "You brought this upon yourselves," he said, his voice echoing in the silence.

The entity reached out, its shadowy hands wrapping around Mark's throat. His eyes widened in horror as the entity began to strangle him, his screams filling the room.

One by one, the entity moved to the other members of the group, its grip tightening around their throats.

Blood began to seep from their eyes, their screams of agony filling the air. The room was filled with a sense of utter despair, the horror of the situation overwhelming.

Viego, unable to stand by any longer, rushed forward, his friends following close behind.

"Stop!" he shouted, his voice filled with desperation. "Leave them alone!"

The professor's eyes flashed with anger, and he waved his hand. The entity lashed out, throwing Ellie and Calle against the wall with a force that knocked them unconscious.

Czisco rushed to Ellie's side, his face pale with fear. "Ellie, please wake up," he whispered, his voice breaking.

Viego and France rushed to Calle, their hearts pounding with fear. "Calle, please," Viego pleaded, his voice filled with desperation.

The professor's twisted smile grew wider as he watched the scene unfold. "You cannot stop the inevitable," he said, his voice cold and detached. "The entity will have its sacrifice."

As the room descended into chaos, the friends knew they were facing a battle for their lives. The entity's grip tightened around Mark and his group, their screams echoing through the hall.

In a final, desperate attempt, Viego reached out, his mind filled with a determination to break the curse. The whispers grew louder, filling his ears with a cacophony of desperate voices.

"Help us... find peace... break the curse..."

With a surge of determination, Viego focused on the whispers, his mind reaching out to the spirits that haunted Laurel Haven.

"We will help you," he whispered, his voice filled with resolve. "We will break the curse."

The room grew colder, the shadows deepening as the entity's grip tightened whilst the group's scream was not heard any longer.

The friends knew they were facing a battle for their lives, and they were determined to fight until the end.

As the chaos continued, the friends knew that the next chapter of their story was about to unfold, and they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.