CHAPTER 10

Anomaly In The Archives

The lecture hall was in shambles, the aftermath of the horrifying encounter with the entity leaving everyone in a state of shock. Ellie and Calle lay unconscious, their friends desperately trying to revive them.

The whispers of the spirits had grown louder, their voices filled with a sense of urgency and desperation.

As the friends regrouped, their minds racing with the events that had just transpired, Viego knew they needed to act quickly. The professor had revealed the true nature of the pact, and the stakes were higher than ever.

"We need to get to the archives," Viego said, his voice steady but urgent. "There has to be more information there that can help us."

Czisco nodded, his eyes filled with determination. "We can't let the entity win. We have to find a way to break the curse."

France helped Ellie to her feet, her expression resolute. "Let's go. We don't have much time."

The friends made their way to the university's archives, their hearts pounding with anticipation. The whispers of the spirits guided them, their voices growing louder as they approached the entrance.

As they entered the dimly lit room, they were met with rows upon rows of dusty books and manuscripts. The air was thick with the scent of old paper and the weight of history.

"We need to find anything related to the pact and the entity," Viego said, his voice echoing in the silence. "There has to be something here that can help us."

The friends spread out, searching through the shelves for any clues. The whispers grew louder, their voices guiding them towards a hidden section of the archives.

"Over here," Ellie called out, her voice filled with excitement. "I found something."

The friends gathered around Ellie, who had discovered a hidden compartment filled with old manuscripts and journals. As they sifted through the documents, they uncovered a series of letters and records detailing the history of the pact and the entity.

"This is it," Viego said, his voice filled with determination. "This is what we've been looking for."

The friends spent hours poring over the documents, piecing together the dark history of Laurel Haven. They discovered that the pact had been made centuries ago, a desperate attempt to save the university from financial ruin. In exchange for prosperity, the founders had agreed to sacrifice students to the entity, a malevolent spirit that thrived on fear and despair.

As they read through the records, they uncovered a ritual that could weaken the entity and break the curse. The ritual required the participation of the spirits of the sacrificed students, their voices guiding the way.

"We need to perform this ritual," Viego said, his voice filled with resolve. "It's the only way to break the curse."

"But how do we get the spirits to help us?" Calle asked, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"The whispers," France said, his eyes wide with realization. "They've been guiding us this whole time. We need to listen to them."

As the friends prepared to leave the archives, the whispers grew louder, their voices filled with a sense of urgency and determination.

"We will help you... find peace... break the curse..."

The friends knew that the road ahead would be dangerous, but they were ready to face whatever challenges lay in their path. With the knowledge they had gained from the archives, they were determined to break the curse and free the spirits of the sacrificed students.

As they left the archives, the friends knew that the next chapter of their story was about to unfold. The battle for their souls was far from over, but with their bond of friendship and newfound knowledge, they were ready to face whatever darkness lay ahead.