CHAPTER 5

The Pact Begins

The following day, an air of anticipation enveloped Laurel Haven as students prepared for their third meeting. The lecture halls, now charged with the energy of Slide 16, awaited the unfolding of a ritual that had woven itself into the university's history.

The friends knew they had to confront the professor and uncover the truth about the pact that bound the students to the entity.

As they entered the lecture hall, the atmosphere was tense. The students were on edge, whispering amongst themselves about the upcoming meeting. Viego, Ellie, Czisco, Calle, and France took their seats, their faces set with determination.

The professor entered the room, his expression unreadable. "Good morning, class," he said, his voice calm and measured. "Today, we will discuss the true nature of the pact that binds us all to Laurel Haven."

The friends exchanged uneasy glances, their hearts pounding in their chests. They knew this meeting would be crucial in their quest to uncover the truth.

"The pact," the professor continued, "is an agreement made long ago between the founders of this university and an ancient entity. In exchange for knowledge and success, we must offer sacrifices. This is the price we pay for our academic achievements."

The students shifted uncomfortably in their seats, the weight of the professor's words sinking in. Viego felt a surge of anger and fear. They had to stop this madness.

"But why?" Viego demanded, his voice ringing out in the silence. "Why do we have to sacrifice our friends and classmates?"

The professor's eyes locked onto Viego's, a cold smile playing on his lips. "Because, Viego, that is the nature of power. It demands a price. And here at Laurel Haven, we are willing to pay that price for the sake of greatness."

Ellie stood up, her eyes blazing with anger. "This is wrong! We can't just accept this. We have to find a way to stop it."

The professor's smile faded, replaced by a look of cold fury. "You are treading on dangerous ground, Ms. Ellie. The pact is not something to be taken lightly. It has been in place for generations, and it will continue long after you are gone."

Czisco stepped forward, his fists clenched. "We won't let this continue. We will find a way to break the curse and free ourselves from this nightmare."

The professor's eyes narrowed, his expression menacing. "You are free to try, but know this: the entity is powerful, and it will not be easily defeated. You are playing with forces beyond your understanding."

France's voice was steady as he spoke. "We may not understand everything, but we know that this is wrong. We will do whatever it takes to end this."

The professor's gaze swept over the group, his eyes cold and calculating. "Very well. If you wish to challenge the entity, you will face consequences. But know this: refusal by one will be paid by all members of the group they belong to."

The friends exchanged determined glances, their resolve unshaken. They knew the road ahead would be perilous, but they were willing to face whatever challenges lay in their path.

As the meeting concluded, the students filed out of the lecture hall, their faces etched with fear and uncertainty. The friends gathered in the common area, their minds racing with the implications of the professor's words.

"We need to figure out our next move," Viego said, his voice steady but urgent. "We can't let the entity win."

Ellie nodded in agreement. "We need to find out more about the pact and the entity.

There must be a way to break the curse."
Czisco's eyes were filled with determination.

"We'll start with the library. There has to be more information about the history of Laurel Haven and the sacrifices."

France's voice was resolute. "And we need to stick together. Whatever happens, we face it as a team."

The friends spent the rest of the day in the library, poring over old books and manuscripts. They uncovered more details about the pact and the entity, piecing together the dark history of Laurel Haven.

As night fell, they returned to their dormitory, their minds buzzing with newfound knowledge. They knew the road ahead would be dangerous, but they were ready to face whatever challenges lay in their path.

The whispers had guided them this far, and they were determined to see their mission through to the end. With their bond of friendship and newfound knowledge, they were ready to uncover the secrets that had plagued the university for generations.

As they sat together in the dimly lit room, Viego spoke. "We need to be careful. The professor knows we're up to something, and he won't hesitate to stop us."

Ellie nodded. "But we can't let fear control us. We have to stay strong and focused."
Czisco's voice was firm. "We'll find a way to break the curse and free ourselves from this nightmare."

France's eyes were filled with determination. "Whatever it takes, we'll do it together."

As they prepared for the challenges ahead, the friends knew they were not alone. The spirits of the sacrificed students were with them, guiding them towards the truth. With their bond of friendship and unwavering resolve, they were ready to face the darkness and uncover the secrets that had haunted Laurel Haven for generations.

The shadows of Laurel Haven loomed large, but the friends were determined to bring light to the darkness. The pact had begun, and the battle for their souls was far from over. But with their bond of friendship and newfound knowledge, they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.