A safe feeling

Hours later Evie came down as Garnet watched the trio together. Her frown became deeper when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned to see Harry as his shadows became known. "Harry, what are you doing here?" Garnet asked Harry. "Making sure that Mal is still deciding. She'll give us the wand and the barrier will rise up." Garnet looked between the trio and Harry. "I can't be here to see it, Harry. I've, I've got to go." She walked away headed to her home so that she could be alone for a little while. She walked to her garden where she grew all her favorite flowers. She sat there alone with tears rolling down her face. "I didn't know what you were goin' through. I thought that you were fine. Why did you have to hide." Uma sang as she walked up the steps as Garnet looked over at her. "I didn't want to let you down. But the truth is out. It's tearin' me apart, not listenin' to my heart. I really had to go." Uma "And I would never stop you" Garnet "Even though we've changed" Uma "Nothing has to change"

Uma kneeled beside Garnet taking her hands as the two of them sang together, "And you can find me in the space between. Where two worlds come to meet. I'll never be out of reach. 'Cause you're a part of me. So you can find me in the space between. You'll never be alone. No matter where you go. We can meet in the space between!" Garnet sang, "Nothing can stay the same. It's growing pains." Uma sang, "Be proud of all the scars. They make you who you are." The girls sang in unison, "I know you have to stay. But I'll never really leave you. Nothing has to change. Even though we've changed. You can find me in the space between. Where two worlds come to meet. I'll never be out of reach. 'Cause you're a part of me. So you can find me in the space between. You'll never be alone. No matter where you go. We can meet in the space between."

"There are no words left to say. I know you gotta find your place. But this is not the end. No. Your part of who I am." Uma and Garnet held each other hugging when footsteps again came up the steps. Harry walked over to the girls as Garnet looked behind Uma with a smile. The girls pulled apart; Garnet walked over to Harry wrapping her hands around his neck and the two kissed. As the sunset was coming down the side of the hill and the three of them sat together. Enjoying the sunset forgetting that they were villain kids for a little bit. That they felt like just regular teenagers.

 That they felt like just regular teenagers

(472)